“Lamb Shank”

The Fernie Hotel & Pub
Ranked #18 of 62 Restaurants in Fernie
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Description: Fernie Hotel & Pub: Description Welcome to the historic Fernie Hotel & Pub. Nestled in the heart of downtown Fernie, this pub has been a fixture since it was rebuilt after the great fire of 1908. Of the 11 hotels rebuilt after the great fire it is the only one that has been run as a hotel for that entire time. True to its history, "The Fernie" still boasts clean rooms, cold beer and great home cooking! "The Fernie" features two large rooms with original brickwork and large windows showcasing stunning mountain views, a pool table, T.V.'s and a stage for entertainment. Known for its classic Beer Battered Fish & Chips, the kitchen is open daily for lunch, dinner and appies. Catering to working class folk and tourists alike, walk in the front door and you'll be greeted with a friendly hello, relax with a cold Fernie beer and top shelf gourmet pub fare prepared with rustic home-style quality.
Reviewed February 8, 2019

I ate at the Fernie Hotel this evening. When I went in, I did not have high expectations because it was pub food, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lamb shank. It was tender, tasty, plentiful, and it fell off of the bone. The vegetables were also just right- neither over or under cooked. I had it with a nice cold beer and could not have been happier with my choice. The service was also good. I will be returning!
Cheers

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the nightly special, steak pie and a few beers while watching the football game. Good food and service! Really good stop while in Fernie!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2018

Dropped in for a quick beer and burger after work. Sat at the bar. Friendly bartender recommended a few beers and offered tastes before I ordered. There was a burger and beer special which was really tasty and a good value.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Wanting a beer at the end of a long day of travel, we stopped off at this pub, and was told by a patron that it was half off wings. Naturally we decided to get an order of hot wings.

They looked great when they arrived, but we soon found that the 9 large looking wings were actually heavily coated, in what turned out to be cornbread. We tried to eat hem as they were, but we ended up peeling them out of the batter, ending up with some mediocre wings.

I’m presuming it was an off night, or that we got the dredges, but whatever the reason, the wings were the worst we’ve had hands down.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

family and myself went for the fish and chips, the coleslaw was also fabulous, the beer cold. What bad is you have to stop

Date of visit: September 2018