“Amazing!”

Fernie Cattle Company
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Fernie
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fernie's premier steakhouse featuring grass fed Black Angus Beef, oceanwise seafood, and certified organic, fresh vegetables all year long.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Finally got the chance over Christmas to stop in and try out the new restaurant. We've had dinner at Cincott many times over the past couple years but as good as that was, it pales to the experience my wife and I had at the Cattle Company. Service was excellent, (thank you Emma), new wine list was excellent and affordable, the atmosphere was lively but truly relaxing and our dinner, from the mussels to the steaks...were even better. My wife had the 6 oz Tenderloin which melted in her mouth, while I chose the 12 oz Rib eye, something they have since added to their menu from the cafe days. I have to say, there is not a better steak outside of Calgary. All in all, thank you for the amazing meal and we will be stopping in every time we come to Fernie!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a the steakhouse dragged kicking and screaming into the twenty-first century, out of the decades of heaping platters of meat and potatoes and into the earbud era and its focus on freshness, inventiveness, and inspired playfulness. People with big appetites will find themselves gazing thoughtfully at the gigantic t-bone, of course, but people like me, who left our appetites behind after we turned 60-ish, will appreciate the small plates. I had steak tips on a bed of braised greens, with a lovely salad on the side. My wife had a stuffed orange bell pepper -- this is a steakhouse?
Our verdict: an inviting and attractive room that pays homage to the steakhouse motif without being silly, an appealing wine list that exceeds steakhouse expectations, a menu that takes the traditional steakhouse and builds on it beautifully, a kitchen that knows its business and performs well, and wait staff who excel (thank you again, Anna!).
We went to Fernie Cattle Company as Plan B after saying 'no' to Yamagoya, declining to wait for a table in a restaurant that was far too crowded and impossibly noisy. We'll try Yamagoya again some day, but they'll definitely be seeing us back at Cattle Company.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Best steak this side of Calgary. As others have mentioned, a bit pricey, and yes the stuffed potato was dry and bland, but the steak was top drawer, ribs and chicken very moist and tender. I will be going back for the steak.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a good time I just had going to this place. We went for casual beers and apps and we're surprised at the massive portions of food, not to mention the incredible quality. This place is a dash on the pricy side but for all the right resons. Apps are between 12-15$ but can easily feed 2 people and the beers are quite tasty, plus you have the option to get a 30oz mug for only 11$!! What a steal!

Bring your lovely date or your awesome coworkers for a freaking great time and awesome food!

Oh, and they house stereo is just great too!

So are the servers. I can't say enough.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I enjoyed all aspects of my dinner. The service was great, my steak was perfect. Best steak in Fernie I'd say. I will definitely be going back!