“For good skiers”

Fernie Alpine Resort
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Fernie
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep in the snow, high up on the Powder Highway, lies Fernie Alpine Resort. With 37 feet of perfect powder, stunning scenery, 5 huge alpine bowls and endless downhill thigh burning runs. Don't miss an opportunity to fall in love with Fernie, start in the large Learning Area at the base of the mountain serviced by its own t-bar lift, once comfortable you have a huge resort full of secret powder pockets and hidden mountain spots to keep you occupied throughout your skiing/riding career! Find out why Fernie has been named as a Top 25 Ski Town in the World, Best Winter Trip and Coolest Town in North America in recent years.
Montreal, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“For good skiers”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I like the view of the mountains but runs in general are challenging if u are not an experienced skier. If u like challenge, this mountain is for you.

Saskatoon, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome ”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

This mountian rocks I will
Come back as soon as I can afford it. It is cheaper than sunshine and way better I think I only ski and just with family and found it to have drear fun runs and lots of them

1 Thank BDulle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Favourite resort for a ski holiday”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love going to Fernie because of the great snow and amazing terrain. I've stayed at snow creek lodge which is right on the hill, ski in ski, out and at Timberline lodge in the spruce building, which is a short walk to the hill, or a free shuttle ride up. I enjoyed staying at both locations. There are a few restaurants on the hill (Kelsey's) but the best food is in town. I like the brickhouse for burgers, yamagoya for sushi or big bang bagels for bagel sandwiches.

1 Thank Valerie K
Edgeley, Canada
“Fernie Alpine Resort - Free Mountain Tour”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

It was our first time at Fernie Alpine Resort in British Columbia. The snow was falling, Beautiful. So away we go. On the lower mountain first, where the runs are groomed. Then to the upper mountain. The snow was wet and heavy and its coming down. We made a few work turns got stuck, People helped excellent. Hard to ski in the wet stuff when your not familiar with the place, but we endeavored, on the lower mountain, till the end of the day.
The next day we took the complimentary mountain tour. They have two a day (AM & PM). The temperature was a little cooler and the snow was still coming down almost 50 cm since our arrival. So away we go on the tour. Our guide, Molly, was EXCELLENT. She took my youngest son and myself to places we would have never found on our own. Even with the burn in my legs I'm sure I had a smile from ear to ear. The 'champagne' powder was over my knees in most places. If its your first time or you've been to Fernie before, take a comp tour. You'll find a place you have never been before.

Calgary
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“When it is good it is great”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If the snow is there, this is great skiing. One thing - too many skiers/boarders traverse ALL the slopes. Gapers.