“A great day skiing in amazing terrain.”

Fernie Wilderness Day Adventures
Ranked #11 of 33 things to do in Fernie
More attraction details
Owner description: FWA offers daily cat ski trips, guided fly fishing, ice fishing and wildlife tours. Fernie, BC, Canada is world renown for it's fly fishing.Dry fly action for cut throat and bull trout is second to none. Access the back country by snowcat to enjoy a day of cat skiing or boarding. The terrain ranges from ridges,to spectacular gladed meadows. With an elevation at over 7,150 ft / 2170 meters, you are sure to get some of the best snow conditions available!
Auckland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great day skiing in amazing terrain.”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My son and I had a fantastic day with the FWA Team. Varied terrain that was fun for a range of experience levels. The guides were knowledgable and friendly. Will be coming back again some time.

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Kept Secret in Catskiing”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Since my first Catskiing Trip at FWA I have been a repeat customer over the past 5 years and have been recommending them to all my skiing/snowboarding friends. The lodge is so friendly and the food is exactly fitting for a backcountry lodge.

The Wood burning fireplaces and great storage for your equipment was amazing! The one NEVER seen anywhere before was the Wood Burning Hot Tub. It just finished each day of Catskiing with such an impression that I felt a million miles from nowhere. LOVED IT!

Visited January 2011
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do it once, you'll do it again!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

If you are a skier you have to elevate yourself to the next level. Get out in the back country and play in the trees. I have done a lot of cat skiing and heli skiing and the experience I get from the FWI folks is second to none. They can offer consistent quality powder days, with terrain that is almost always skiable. The beginninng powder skier as well as the expert can have a fantastic time here. We have taken first time powder skiers out and they had a blast. Smiles from ear to ear.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank gkroon
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Biggest Powder Day Ever!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We have been skiing with the fantastic crew at Fernie Wilderness Adventures for several years now. Kim, Brian and Cindy and the whole crew really look after us. We have done individual trips as well as corporate outings and I can't say enough about their warm hospitality and getting us into some fantasic snow. We were there on our last trip Feb 28th.....it snowed 24+ inches over a 48 hour period and when even the Fernie Ski hill had closed runs.......we had "top to bottom" waist deep powder.....ALL DAY!!!

Words are cheap........check out the photos!!!

If you love skiing powder......look no further!!!!! Really convenient location as well. Their office is right in the hotel. Park Place Lodge. Good package.

Visited February 2011