“stayed for a hockey tournament with my daughter”
Review of Super 8 Fernie

Super 8 Fernie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
CRANBROOK
“stayed for a hockey tournament with my daughter”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was comfortable and good value. Staff were supper friendly. Breakfast was good, place was clean.nothing fancy but a good place to spend a night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jerrybecause
Jeremiahpauw, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank-you for your generous review.
I'm glad everything was comfortable and you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again in the future sometime!

Jeremiah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here from Oct.20 - 27th. What a great place,location for us was perfect, just 2 mins.from Fernie.Room was great although a newer mattress would have been nice but did not affect our stay.We had our black lab with us and we were in a room that gave us a backdoor exit for our walks.Staff was terrific and accommodated us when we needed 1 extra day.Breakfast was great,plenty of choices.When we return we will definitely consider staying again if things haven't changed,keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jeremiahpauw, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank-you NovaScotiaPetite999 for the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our pet friendly room and found its location convenient. In keeping with our business plan we are continually upgrading and improving our property all the time. Thanks again and we hope you choose us for any future Fernie visits

prince george
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here many times for work, would never spend my own money here. Terrible maintenance and functionality. Dirty and things falling apart. Location is very poor. For a lot less money, you can get the same thing at a low budget motel in town. Internet is brutal, which they blame on the town... go figure!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jeremiahpauw, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hello scootermp

I'm very sorry you did not find my establishment up to standard.

I do however take issue with some of our comments. I take pride in the fact that we provide comfortable clean rooms at a considerable value.

My cleaning and maintance staffs are very though and take pride in the job they do. We have very high standards when it comes to cleanliness. Deep cleans are done on a regular basis, carpet cleaning is a full time position and we inspect every room with a black light before renting out.

We have a full time maintance team that is always upgrading as well as keeping up with any issues that arise.

My internet within the hotel is a fastest speed available in my area and the network was upgraded last summer to a robust commercial product. However we do experience outages from time to time as is the nature of utilities.

In response to your comments on value, we will match any advertised hotel room price within Fernie. My average rate over the year is under $100 the average in Fernie is $119. We all so have free breakfast that is above brand(Super 8) standards, Wi-Fi, movie channels, shuttle to ski hill, ski lockers and local calls all included in your rate. Not to mention children under 18 stay free.

If problems are brought to the attention of my staff, they are trained to resolve the issue right away to the satisfaction of the guest. Our guest comfort is primary and we try our best to make sure the guest experience as pleasing as possible.

I’m terribly sorry that your experience at my property did not meet the standard I listed above. Please call me; I will do my best to fix the issues you experienced at my property.

Owner
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a hotel that a new owner has really renovated and really cares. The hotel has new carpets throughout and many other renos, it's really quite current now. Staff member "sabrina" is very accomodating helping to change resevations at other properties when my needs changed. You just get the feeling at this property that the owners have set a standard and really care.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, November 11, 2012

I appreciate you noticing all the improvements we have done to the property recently. I’m glad that Sabrina was able to help you with your reservations; it makes me proud to hear positive comments on my staff’s performance. Thank-you again for your comments and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Owner/Operator