All reviews boston pizza best westerns liquor store breakfast staff great hotel canadian tire outdoor hot tub the hotel is clean the main highway front desk staff complimentary breakfast great room the breakfast area king room comfortable beds minute drive a great stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019

Stayed at this hotel over the long weekend in May. Very Nice hotel, very clean, big rooms, comfortable mattress. Good Location. But the pillows were the worst I have ever slept on. My neck is still sore.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
FernieMountainGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the discomfort with our pillows. I will look into that. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Shari Callan
Acting General Manager

Reviewed April 24, 2019

We booked this hotel on a spur of the moment. We had our dog with us and they were able to accommodate us with a pet room- which was gorgeous. Our pup had never been in a hotel before so they allowed us to leave our names and numbers in the event she was whining but she was fine. Staff was amazing and accommodating and the continental breakfast was one of the best I have seen.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FernieMountainGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We value our guest’s feedback and we are always looking for ways to make sure that each experience is enjoyable. I’m glad your pup was comfortable. We welcome you and your dog back any time you are in the area.
Shari Callan
Acting General Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2019

A great place to stay if your former ski bum like me but wants a clean, nice place in a Mtn ski town. Easy walking to down town, easy walking to grocery store. Clean rooms, hot tubs and pool. What more could a family that rips want (other than staying slope side). If my wife and I didn't have kids we'd probably still be sleeping in the back of my truck on Ski Road Trips, but having kids has turned us into a higher class of ski bum!

Don't be afraid of the proximity to the train tracks everything in Fernie is close to the tracks, you are in good company. Ski hard, apres ski hard, sleep hard. That is the solution.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
FernieMountainGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are dedicated to making sure each aspect of your stay runs smoothly. Hopefully you had time to enjoy our multitude of amenities while you were staying with. We welcome you back at any time.
Shelley L’Estrange

Reviewed March 25, 2019

We stayed in Fernie for a short ski weekend and as a family of six it is always tough to find hotel rooms that accommodate everyone without having to pay an arm and a leg for the larger suite (or book two rooms- that's the worst). This hotel had the perfect room to fit everyone for a modest increase in price, and we really enjoyed the extra sitting area. Kids loved the pool and we loved our weekend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

We come to The Best Western a few times a year with our pups for a getaway and this time was for business. We asked for an extended check out on our last day, which was approved, as the training my husband was attending ran until 4:30pm. We were told the morning of the Sunday that the room had “been sold” and we had to check out at noon. I was forced to sit in my truck with two dogs for 4.5 hours until my husband’s training was complete. Mind you we hiked and wandered for a few hours but had no where to go to relax when we were finished. The front desk staff- mainly a male, displayed no empathy that they had made a mistake and offered no resolve. He was quite rude and it caught me off guard to be honest.

In addition, our room didn’t have any dog beds as it normally would when you book and pay for a pet friendly room, there were numerous suites on our floor with late night partiers and I almost slipped in vomit when I went out the back stairs to take my dogs out to the washroom in the middle of the night.

It’s very disappointing how we were treated this time around and likely won’t be back to this hotel. I will also be ensuring upper management is aware of the issues as I’m quite sure the male I spoke to at the hotel was the manager.

Trip type: Traveled on business