“Glad we happened on this hotel.”

Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My daughter and I ended up in Fernie after altering our plans on a long weekend Monday to avoid heavy traffic. We inquired at the Best Western and they only had one room left with two beds - and it was a suite which we were given for the regular room rate. We had a lovely, clean room and the beds were very comfortable with fine quality linen. The hot breakfast in the morning was far bigger than we expected with plenty of choices. The front desk staff were excellent and recommended a good place to eat in restored, downtown Fernie. this was a good choice and I would return here if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Wojtek H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

We’re happy we were able to host you and your daughter and that you had a wonderful stay with us. We have lots of amenities to make you feel as comfortable as possible. We hope that after this experience you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Wojtek Hellwig

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western in Fernie on a short family vacation to Waterton National Park. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was great. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Four of us stayed here just for a overnight stay. Room was clean and quiet, we had a good sleep. check in was efficient and quick. A good overnight stay - we will use this again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We didn't have high expectations of the hotel, having stayed in several Best Westerns before, which were perfectly adequate for business travel but not exactly luxurious. This place surprised us by its relatively high level of attractiveness and modernization. Though not what I would call a lodge (it's not rustic in any way), the hotel is very comfortable, nicely furnished, quiet, and reasonably priced.

There are a few features that you wouldn't expect to find in a hotel in the small town of Fernie. You need to use your room keycard to activate the elevator, and the "do not disturb / maid service" card is electronic. Our room and bathroom were more than adequate in size. The pool and indoor hot tub were clean and uncrowded. There's a Boston Pizza right next door and you can walk to downtown Fernie if you have any reason to.

We were here in July to see relatives, but apparently Fernie counts its snowfalls in feet, not inches, so most people would come here for the skiing. If you do, the Best Western Fernie is probably a good place to stay, being right on the main highway and yet close to the ski area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to the US. Fernie is a beautiful mountain town. The hotel is very easy to find. It's very clean and quiet. I also liked the security feature that you had to use the room key to go up the elevator. The room itself was lovely, the beds comfortable, big shower head and Bath and Body works toiletries. We swam in the pool which was clean and warm. Be warned though they come right at 10pm and make you leave the pool. It would be nice to have it open later than that.

Now for my issues with service:

Front desk in the evening when we checked in was very nice and professional, in the morning when we checked out I got a snotty front desk girl who didn't look me in the eye and was annoyed at how I wanted to pay for the room.

The breakfast lady is downright nasty. She was rude to begin with and even worse to those who forgot to bring their breakfast coupon with them. It was unpleasant having to sit and eat while she barked at the patrons. She was horrible to the children as well which in my opinion is not cool.The breakfast itself was very good, especially the hash browns.

There is a Boston Pizza restaurant right in the hotel which i was excited about because I love the food there. Unfortunately the service there was some of the worse I have ever experienced at a restaurant. We were pretty much ignored and the food took forever to come. It was like pulling teeth to get a drink. My husband is a very good tipper and he left one of the smallest tips I have ever seen him leave.

The hotel itself is beautiful, service needs to improve, I also think it is overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

No problems here. Nice Best Western in the middle of paradise. Nice room with comfortable beds. The place is very well kept. Staff was super friendly. Complimentary breakfast was great! I would not hesitate and book it again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Well, were to begin. First the staff is hit or miss when it comes to service. When I checked in, the lady was very helpful and even fixed a rate problem with my reservation which I did't notice.

Now the issues: the walls in this hotel are so thin, I can hear the shower running in the room next door and even the elevator (which was 2 rooms down).

Internet access is poor. If your not next to the router then good luck.

Housekeeping is lazy. They would just pull the comforter over and not bother to properly make up the bed.

• Stayed: March 2011