“excellent food”

Blue Toque Diner
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Fernie
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good eats and a cup of joe. Established in 2000. World flavours, fusion and cross-cultural cuisine for the omnivore, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian or eco-conscious diner.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

this is an amazing place-food is all made from scratch and delicious!!The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful!

1  Thank Kathleen S

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place is the best in town for breakfast. Although we've been coming to Fernie for a few years now, today is the first time we've had breakfast at the Blue Toque Diner. In fact, we didn't realise until now that they served breakfast as well as lunch and since we don't usually go out for lunch unless we're on the ski hill, have never taken the opportunity of trying the restaurant until today.

We've had breakfast in quite a few places in town, but after this visit I can honestly say that this is the only place in Fernie we'll go to for breakfast for in future! The food is very good. The menu is very varied, reasonably priced and given the amount of choice, I think that I would be tempted to try something different on each visit. The dining area is warming and snug, and the service is very friendly and helpful. They offered free coffee refills and more toast with breakfast if wanted.

We learned that from Jan 2013, dinner will be served on Fridays and Saturdays, and since they encourage reservations, we immediately booked a table for the first Saturday they are open.

Although we have only been here once, I already know that the Blue Toque is set to become a firm favourite and can't praise the place highly enough.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I haven't found a single item I disliked at The Blue Touque and it is not the type of menu where I order the same thing over and over. I always want to try something new because the menu is so interesting. I only wish they served dinner, I suspect it would be brilliant! Hours are a bit different, closed Tues/Wed, but once you commit this to memory it is no biggie. Great patio in the summer (if you don't mind the train!) and even a spot for 'Spot' to hangout while you are inside eating. It is not fast, but the quality makes up for it, have a latte and browse the art in the Art Station attached and all is well.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Blue Toque is INCREDIBLE. They have the best food in town, hands down. Amazing gourmet food without the high prices or wild atmosphere. That being said, the atmosphere is lovely, the restaurant is set inside an old train station. The type of cusine is hard to pin point, somewhere between French and Spanish, yet kind of Americana as well. All very delicious and tasty, lots of healthy options too! They open till 2 or 3 pm. Get there early, you will probably get a line. Expect to pay about 20$ a person, that includes coffee and taxes!

1  Thank destroy_tony
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Food with a bit of a different twist to it. They make regular restaurant food and put their spin on it. Gotta try it and you will like it!!!