All reviews movie room yogurt movie theater breakfast snack guest kitchen hot tub bike storage community kitchen no elevator board games common kitchen super friendly staff nothing fancy quick trip fridge and microwave attached restaurant room was large
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

We just stayed overnight. My husband had an expensive bicycle on the hitch and we were able to lock it up inside the hotel, which was a huge relief. We had our dog with us, and felt he was welcomed. We didn't use any other facilities, but definitely would have, had we not been in a hurry to get to our destination. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 263joanl
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - we pride ourselves on being really dog-friendly! We have our bike lockup for our guests, but we also have a lot of other bike amenities; we have free bikes you can borrow, a bike wash station, tuning stand and tools, and of course if you prefer you can even bring your bike to your room. I hope you have a chance to use a few of these next time you visit!

Until then,

Reviewed June 5, 2019

First....I seemed to have missed the memo...I didn't hear or know anything about some of the 'extras' that are at the Red Tree, but....there was new staff at the front counter and we just didn't hear about too much of anything. I wish I had known, but....on the whole, our stay was rather average.

I seem to be in the minority here, but...felt the Red Tree was just....ok. We were supposedly 'upgraded' (without reason or notice?), and our rate went up accordingly - another $70/night. Caught us off guard, but after showing our original confirmation, we got it sorted fairly quickly and headed to our room. Very noisy a/c, a noisy, older fridge, which is acutally a blessing, because my riding buddy snores like a diesel train... That said, the room is just.....meh...dated. Bathroom was old, not particularly clean, etc, and our shower head was virtually useless. I took it apart and tried to clean it so it might spray evenly, but....no dice. Nothing hideous here, but....certainly not anything to rave about. All that said, it seemed pretty 'ordinary' to be an upgrade.....curious what the 'standard' room may look like.... Actually, on second thoughts, perhaps not....

The view from our room, on the 2nd floor....into an old, brown cedar fence...

'Breakfast' is yoghurt, muffins and fruit....starting at 8?

Red Tree is more of a 'lodge',....hostel-ish....budget. They have 'real' keys, not key cards. No elevator, and narrow stairs. The rooms are basic, with a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave.

Front desk worker was very friendly, but....not knowledgeable about the area and perhaps a bit shy.

There is a pool and sauna, but they are in the basement, and are a bit dingy and uninviting. We didn't even know about them until the morning when we were leaving early.

There is also a communal kitchen, and supposedly a movie room with free movies, but....never was told about that.

The attached Smokehouse restaurant has a fairly small menu, the meal was good, but I felt it was overpriced and overall....just....underwhelming. We had just come from an stunningly positive experience at a 'budget' hotel in Calgary, so....to pay more for noticeably less seemed overt in this situation.

Nothing that was hideous here, but I had booked there based on the on-line reviews and in retrospect, didn't feel they were all that accurate. I would probably look to stay somewhere else next time.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't wow you on your recent stay. We are proud to be a great three star hotel, but if we missed the mark with your stay, I apologize.

I am happy to report that several of your concerns are being addressed as we move into the busy peak summer period - our new staff for the summer are completing their training and are growing more confident and conversational, our breakfast will start earlier as our front desk hours of operation expand (we get the breakfast out as fast as we can when we first open up!), and our restaurant has now launched their summer menu this past weekend, expanding the number of items offered.

In short, I'm sorry you didn't catch us at our best. If you do decide to return, I'd love a chance to change your mind! In the meantime, I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Quick overnight stay - so we weren't there very long but.......

1. Nice little touches with the movie room & library. Cute!
2. We especially liked the $1 popcorn and choice of FREE movie rentals for your room.
3. Breakfast "snack" is ideal for those who want to "hit the road" right away!

Decent place for families we thought who want to be close to downtown.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We go to Fernie every year for a soccer tournament. the prices are awesome and affortable. This place has all the amenities for girls and the parents to hang out. I bring food to cook breakfast in the communal kitchen. The pool and movie room are a hit for the girls to hang out in (away from the parents:).

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello Brenjen,

It was great to have you and team here and I'm happy to hear you had a good time!

Looking forward to having you stay with us again,

Reviewed May 28, 2019

As a frequent traveller thru the Fernie, BC area the Red Tree Lodge has become my "goto" lodging. The on-site amenities are sound with a pool, open areas for lounging, accessible kitchens for preparing your own meals, laundry and a superb in-house restaurant. The rooms are clean and comfortable with extremely friendly staff. Always an enjoyable stay when visiting the area.

Room tip: most rooms are very quiet, but obviously the ones further away from the main drag will be even quieter
Date of stay: May 2019