“Excellent stay for the price!”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great for families! The guest kitchen is very convenient! Great beds, clean rooms and bathrooms, ski lockers and ski boot room (warm!), friendly staff, excellent value! The swimming pool is under renovation but will open soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hi Paula

Thanks for your very kind words. I've glad you enjoyed your stay and found us to be great for families. With our amenities and room types like the Family and Deluxe Family rooms, we try to have everything you need ready to go. I hope we'll see you again soon (when the pool has reopened!)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

No elevator, but only two levels. Rooms updated and clean. Excellent cook at dinner attached to hotel. One of us slept well on their bed. Friendly and helpful staff. I wouldn't keep the communal kitchen if you want guests to use the restuarant already up and running.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello Gothereanddo!

Thanks for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm proud of the team we have here at the Lodge and I'm glad you found everyone helpful and friendly. I'll make sure to pass on to the restaurant and chef how much you enjoyed your meal as well.

Thanks again and I hope we'll see you again soon!

PS - great user name!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Red Tree Lodge was a great hotel to stay. The service was excellent and they answered every question we had. The hotel was clean and the price of the hotel was reasonable for what you would get. The pillows require upgrading, that being said there were extra pillows if needed. I would come back to this hotel with my family as it was a great price for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mrs Q
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello Mrs Q

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud of the team we have hear and the service they provide - everyone from the Front Desk to the Housekeepers and our Maintenance team and more are always looking for a way to make sure everyone is as comfortable as possible at the Lodge.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like our pillows! I'm glad you found the extras available in the room, and we also have a wide variety of different pillows available for our guests. People's preference here can be so varied that we make sure to stock all sorts - thick and thin, soft and firm, feather and synthetic. When you come back next time (don't forget to ask about our Return Guest Discount) if you mention your preference, we'll make sure to find some to your liking.

I hope we'll see you soon!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Thanks to the Red Tree Lodge for making our Christmas-snowboarding holiday easy and enjoyable. The staff was helpful, friendly, and very accomodating. We reserved a pet-friendly room, and so we received a little welcome gift for the dog upon arrival. And the access to the communal kitchen amenities made it possible for us to enjoy a nice, homecooked Christmas dinner.
The only thing we could have wished for was more snow in the bowls, but there's always next time. Will be back.

Room Tip: Booking online was easy. If you're bringing a dog, remember to select the "pet-friendly&quo...
1  Thank JessIsTravellin
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Hi JessIsTravellin,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your Christmas dinner too. We are proud to be a pet-friendly hotel, and it is a pleasure to welcome our furrier guests to the Red Tree Lodge!

Thanks again and I hope we see you again soon,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

What would a snowboarder need at their hotel?

- Ski/board lockers - check
- Boot room - check
- Plenty of hooks in all the bedrooms to hang your wet gear - check
- FREE laundry machines for your gear/clothes - check
- Hot tub/sauna to sooth your aching muscles - check
- Huge cheap breakfast at the (brand new) restaurant to start your morning - check

What more could a snowboarder ask for? Oh, I know!

- Games room with free foosball and pool - check
- Swimming pool (under repair while we were there, not that we have the time or here withal to swim after boarding) - check
- Mini movie theatre - check

Awesome place guys. We'll be back soon.

- Great guests - check!

Thanks for your review, GoTron! I'm glad to hear you liked the Lodge and all the facilities we offer here. We'll see you next time you're in Fernie!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We love Red Tree Lodge! We stayed by chance one time and now we book back whenever we can. We like that you have a communal kitchen area and that you even have a high chair. This was unexpected and much appreciated with our infant. the swimming pool and games area is fantastic as well. What a gem hidden away. Rooms are basic but totally comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hi Kristie!

Thanks for your kind words; it's always great to hear from our guests! I'm glad you like our kitchen, and you'll be happy to hear that we have just completed a renovation of our games room as well. Watch our website for new pictures, coming soon! When you return again, please remember to ask about our returning guest discount.

See you again soon,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed there due to the fact that our other relatives were already there. They said it was good but we soon decided that for ourselves. First of all we were in for a funeral and they had no rates to offer...which is sad that they don't offer anything! Our first night was horrible the bed in the family room was very soft and lumpy. The next day was the funeral and there was no hot water til almost 1 hour before the service. The manager didn't believe us and had to come into the room to feel it himself then later explained it was there fault they shut off a valve and forgot to turn it on! The next day we asked for the room to made up and came back later to my stuff gone through and beds not done but at least the garbage was taken! The next morning my daughter went down to get the usual muffins and fruit/yogurt and the front desk lady accosted her and told her to only take what she can eat not take anything extra! My daughter told her she was getting enough for everyone back in the room and the girl told her she would be watching her! She came back scared and distraught! I told her that if she wanted to get some hot chocolate to go get it and she said she was too scared now as the girl was very mean! I spoke to the manager and his response was vague and non responsive to any complaints but let us know next time we come back he would make sure our stay was good! I also brought up that my daughter fell through the hot tub grate and hurt her foot and he lied and said he asked her if she was alright but he never did as well the pool was disgusting! I wouldn't even recommend this lodge to my ex!

• Stayed: November 2013

Hello Tlaw31,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It does sound like there was some misunderstanding about the things we offer here and so I'd like to try and clear them up.

To address your first concern - we do offer bereavement rates to our guests, like yourselves, who are joining us under unfortunate circumstances. Your stay was significantly discounted from our standard rates, which our guests find to offer great value.

We did have a plumber working in the building during one day of your stay. I came to your room to hear first-hand about the issue you were having with your hot water and fix it immediately. As you are aware, within minutes of reporting the problem, it was resolved. We try to schedule this work for the middle of the day as it generally affects our guests the least that way, but I understand that the timing wasn't ideal in your situation - I am very sorry about that.

Our complimentary "Breakfast Snack" was on offer during your stay as our restaurant was closed at the time. This snack was designed to offer our guests something small to start their day off, and we are always happy to recommend other options for those who would prefer something more substantial, or to eat later on in the day. Fortunately Stanton's Local Cookhouse is now open for business and offering much better breakfast options for our guests.

I'm very proud of the wide array of amenities we are able to offer our guests, all at no additional charge. Our hot tub, sauna, pool, cinema, library, guest kitchen, games room, and more are all very popular, so I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy what the Lodge has to offer. Following your experience I have personally spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure that we continue to provide the best experience possible to our guests.

If you do choose to give the Red Tree Lodge another chance, I'm confident you would enjoy an experience more typical to our many happy and returning guests. I wish you and your family safe travels in the future.