“Last resort!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vernon, Canada
“Last resort!!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed there due to the fact that our other relatives were already there. They said it was good but we soon decided that for ourselves. First of all we were in for a funeral and they had no rates to offer...which is sad that they don't offer anything! Our first night was horrible the bed in the family room was very soft and lumpy. The next day was the funeral and there was no hot water til almost 1 hour before the service. The manager didn't believe us and had to come into the room to feel it himself then later explained it was there fault they shut off a valve and forgot to turn it on! The next day we asked for the room to made up and came back later to my stuff gone through and beds not done but at least the garbage was taken! The next morning my daughter went down to get the usual muffins and fruit/yogurt and the front desk lady accosted her and told her to only take what she can eat not take anything extra! My daughter told her she was getting enough for everyone back in the room and the girl told her she would be watching her! She came back scared and distraught! I told her that if she wanted to get some hot chocolate to go get it and she said she was too scared now as the girl was very mean! I spoke to the manager and his response was vague and non responsive to any complaints but let us know next time we come back he would make sure our stay was good! I also brought up that my daughter fell through the hot tub grate and hurt her foot and he lied and said he asked her if she was alright but he never did as well the pool was disgusting! I wouldn't even recommend this lodge to my ex!

• Stayed November 2013
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello Tlaw31,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It does sound like there was some misunderstanding about the things we offer here and so I'd like to try and clear them up.

To address your first concern - we do offer bereavement rates to our guests, like yourselves, who are joining us under unfortunate circumstances. Your stay was significantly discounted from our standard rates, which our guests find to offer great value.

We did have a plumber working in the building during one day of your stay. I came to your room to hear first-hand about the issue you were having with your hot water and fix it immediately. As you are aware, within minutes of reporting the problem, it was resolved. We try to schedule this work for the middle of the day as it generally affects our guests the least that way, but I understand that the timing wasn't ideal in your situation - I am very sorry about that.

Our complimentary "Breakfast Snack" was on offer during your stay as our restaurant was closed at the time. This snack was designed to offer our guests something small to start their day off, and we are always happy to recommend other options for those who would prefer something more substantial, or to eat later on in the day. Fortunately Stanton's Local Cookhouse is now open for business and offering much better breakfast options for our guests.

I'm very proud of the wide array of amenities we are able to offer our guests, all at no additional charge. Our hot tub, sauna, pool, cinema, library, guest kitchen, games room, and more are all very popular, so I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy what the Lodge has to offer. Following your experience I have personally spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure that we continue to provide the best experience possible to our guests.

If you do choose to give the Red Tree Lodge another chance, I'm confident you would enjoy an experience more typical to our many happy and returning guests. I wish you and your family safe travels in the future.

Red Tree Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Spent 14 weeks living in the Red tree lodge for a winter and had an amazing experience. The staff were excellent and very friendly, as were all Canadians! Great food, and facilities as well! The cleaners even got my ice hockey jersey signed by the local Fernie Ghostriders team

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ghostrider92
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi ghostrider92!

Thanks for your review! Its great to hear from you. I'll be sure to pass on to the housekeepers (and everyone else) about your review and make sure they know you mentioned them. I hope we'll see you again this winter - go Riders!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Super friendly staff, a lounge and kitchen completely kitted out, great value, and great location. We were totally happy with our stay. Check in was a breeze, WiFi fast, and delicious muffins. It is a pleasant, quiet spot despite the highway out front.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi Mike

I'm really glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us! It's great that you liked the kitchen and other amenities, and I'll make sure that my team hears comment about how friendly everyone was. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Thanks,

Alberta
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This lodge was the first time I had seen a common kitchen set up with 2 stoves, 2 microwaves, 2 dishwashers & 2 sets of sinks (no fridges) set up in a room for all to use. Our room had a microwave & small fridge. Staff friendly & more than happy to give us a tour of the different rooms available. Although this lodge is not new it is well kept with comfortable beds. The breakfast that was available constisted of muffins & coffee. The restaurant on site is closed & when not traveling during the off season, we found the dining choices very limited.

1 Thank Look4-2
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Look4-2,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you liked the hotel and especially our guest kitchen. It is unique amenity that we have which I think offers a tremendous value to our guests. Our staff are very friendly and I'm glad you had a chance to pick out a room that was suited for your needs. While our restaurant is currently closed, I am looking forward to it re-opening this winter and I hope you'll return and have a chance to try it out.

Until your next visit,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Warmly greeted when we arrived, very clean room with nice furnishings and equiped with everything we needed, within walking distance of our favourite restaurants, coffee shops and downtown. Highly recommend (and we will be back).

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay with us and would recommend us so highly. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Red Tree Inn in Fernie BC and we found that it was excellent. The breakfast was very good. Laundry and Internet was free. We would certainly stay there again. It was excellent value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilBarbara
Hello Phil & Barbara,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of our amenities here and think they are an excellent way to offer additional value to our guests. I'm happy you got to use them!

We'll look forward to seeing you next time you're in Fernie,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I also arrived on the first day of the "Miners Games", and found a room here. Great value, and above all friendly staff. My room had a great view of the mountains. The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable. No restaurant but I knew that, plenty of options a 5 min walk away. This is a great "budget option" for Fernie, which in itself is a fantastic town in summer or winter. Overall a great stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Try to be toward the rear of the hotel, ie, away from the highway.