“Clean and comfortable and pet friendly!”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have a small dog that we travel with and often have difficulty finding places to stay. Not only does this hotel accept dogs but it left a wonderful little care package for Bella with her name on it. It was a wonderful gesture. As for the human side of things, the bed was very comfortable and the price was good. It is a short walk to the main shopping street of Fernie and there is a barbeque and kitchen at the hotel that you can use if you want to cook for yourself. We go to hundreds of hotels and i would definitely go back to this one. The staff were also friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello 2Pears,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you and Bella enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud of my staff and I know they'll be happy to hear that you found everyone so friendly. Next time you visit, make sure to inquire about our Repeat Guest discount.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice hotel, great for our little schnauzer as they welcomed him into their pet friendly room with a little surprise for him! Our room was large and clean. All in all a great place to stay! We didn't get a balcony as the pet friendly rooms don't have them.

Room Tip: If you ask for a pet friendly room you will not get a balconey and I really love having a balconey!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TLively

Hi TLively!

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad you and your little schnauzer enjoyed your stay and I hope you choose us again next time you visit Fernie!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This motel is on the main street of a small mountain town. Personal experience inevitably colours ones views (where would Tripadvisor be without it!), so arriving in the midst of a power cut affecting the whole town wasn't our best introduction. But a friendly welcome, quick check-in and flashlight allowed early entry to our rooms. Mine had had previous smoking guests, but it had been a long drive so I didn't try to change it. When the lights came back on, the room was revealed as spacious and acceptably clean, but rather cheerless and needing some attention to minor repairs and decoration. The restaurant was closed, but a breakfast of yoghurt, fruit, muffins and good coffee was available in the lobby in the morning. Not a place to linger, but acceptable for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
RedTree_Staff, Front Office Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello Jasperco

Thanks for choosing the Red Tree Lodge and for your feedback. It is very unfortunate to have arrived in the midst of a power outage here in Fernie and I do understand that would colour your impression of the hotel. I'm glad we were able to get you settled quickly and while the loan of a flashlight can't remedy the outage completely, I am happy it was appreciated. I'm sorry to hear that your rooms smelled smoky - we are a non-smoking building and don't allow smoking in any of our rooms. I will speak with housekeeping to ensure that if that rule is disregarded in the future, they know to follow our procedures to deep-clean the room. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I hope you'll return and stay with us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

What a treat to discover the Red Tree Lodge. Fernie is a beautiful town, and the restaurants within a few minute walk were wonderful. Great location, comfortable rooms, nice indoor hot tub, friendly staff. The breakfast was tasty and the free wireless was a necessity as we were not using our US cell phones to roam. All in all a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evan G

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your very kind review! I'm glad you came to visit us and that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We upgraded our wireless internet system last year based on feedback from our guests and it's great to hear that it satisfied your needs. I hope you join us again next time you're in Fernie!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is good if you are passing through and need somewhere to stay. It seems dated and more motel than hotel. The staff were friendly, but maybe it was just us, it didn't seem to suit us. There was a continental breakfast but we wanted to try a restaurant in town,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TBee017

Hello TBee,

Thanks for your review and your feedback. I'm glad you came to stay with us and I'm sorry to hear that we didn't suit your taste. I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the second season we have been staying at the Red Tree. I manage a forestry crew and everyone is excited when they know we will be staying there. We love the staff and the location. They bend over backwards to fit us in the hotel. I waited too long to reserve there were not enough rooms for us but they told me they would do their best to make thing work. They found cancellations and move rooms around for us so we could extend our stay, the maintenance guy fed my dog treats everyday and joked around with me and the crew. The cleanning staff worked like busy bees. My workers who do not have vehicles are so close to everything that I do not need to taxi them on the day off... See you soon Red tree. I love you.

Room Tip: Every room has it s charm. The north side of the hotel can be a bit cooler and quieter but the south...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marc R
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your great review! It was great having you and the guys staying with us again this summer. I hope we'll see you next year! We love you too!

À la prochaine,

Jon

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Red Tree Lodge last week, and had 2 rooms next to each other. There was also a dog in our party, and the additional fee for the dog was very reasonable. The rooms were spacious (2 dressers in each room plus coat hooks and a clothes rod), clean and comfortable. There is both wifi and plug-in internet at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were light, but there was fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, coffee and tea. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tpr244

Hello tpr,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you, your family, and your furry friends enjoyed your stay with us. We try to go a step beyond just being "pet-friendly" - in fact we had a guest return a few days ago who said he was back at the insistence of his dog!

I look forward to your next visit with us!