“No Need for us to look anywhere else”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I like to mountain bike. Were stayed at the Red Tree Lodge for a week in Aug 2012 and are planning another trip this year. We considered going to other locations in BC but decided on Fernie over the others because of the experiance at the Red Tree Lodge. The staff were all friendly, we got a great rate. Most of all we were able to keep out bikes in our rooms. The staff were very helpful in pointing us to the trails and there is a bike wash outside. The washing machine was a bonus and the prices to use them were more than reasonable. The laid back professional easy going friendly accomidations and a great rate give us no reason to look anywhere else and I am counting down the days till my return. Only this time I will bring my fly rod as well.

Danny O'Connor

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or fitness centre but access to a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny O
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your great feedback! I'm glad you're going to be coming back - I think you'll find we've made some nice changes since you were here last August. Many of the staff you remember are still here, however, so you'll get a chance to say hello again.

We still allow bikes in the rooms, and have the bike wash station and other amenities you liked. Our guest laundry is even free (if you bring your own soap). If you plan on fishing this summer, make sure to ask Casey for his favourite spots - I'm sure he'll be happy to bend your ear!

See you soon,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here two nights. Pros: beds are very comfortable, room is spacious and well organized. Beautiful city. Downtown does not have as many shops as Banff, but pleasant. Great biking trails nearby. Cons: a little bit pricy - $130, would be better at around $80. Brand new bathtub/showers look great, but very very slippery. This should be fixed, as someone could fall.

Overall: enjoyed my stay very much.

1  Thank CalgaryABtvlr

Hello Traveler!

Thanks for your feedback - I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay! We have recently upgraded our Superior Rooms to all have pillowtop mattresses and it is great to hear that you found them to be so comfortable. We also a range of other room types, with prices that range from under $99 per night to our Mount Fernie Suite - a unique hotel room experience in Fernie and priced a little higher than the Superior Room. I think we really do offer something for everyone. Thanks for letting me know you found the new bathtub to be slippery - I will investigate and provide bathmats if necessary.

Don't forget that you will qualify for our Repeat Guest Discount on your next stay with us - just mention it to the Front Desk when you make your reservation (if they don't mention it first!)

I hope we'll see you again soon,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here two nights, Place was easy to find. Rooms clean and comfortable . Very friendly and helpful staff. No "extra charges" for amenities and there is a full kitchen available to use if you don't feel like dining out. If I am in Fernie again this is where I will want to stay.

1  Thank Sixftsix
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello Sixftsix,

Thanks for your very kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our "no nickel and dime" philosophy. I'm very proud of my staff here and how eager they are to help out, and I'm pleased to hear that you found them so friendly as well. I'll look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about the Red Tree Lodge. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. As a bonus, pillows of varying fluffiness were provided, so I was able to grab a soft one and my sister could relax on a firmer pillow for maximum comfort. Checking in went smoothly and I was able to upgrade the room to a larger one with no problems. My sisters were visiting from Ontario (I'm from Calgary) and I was concerned that a regular room would be too tight for three women. The breakfast snack in the morning was great - just the right stuff to grab before hitting the trails. I will be recommending this hotel for sure!

1  Thank erica b
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you and your sisters had such a great time! We added to our pillow selection this year specifically so that when a group like yours has varying preferences, everyone can be happy. It's always great to hear that a plan is working!

Take care and we'll see you again soon, I hope.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 sons in a family room. The accomodations are not fancy but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean and very fairly priced. Free breakfast table worked well for the kid lets

Hello Kent,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The family room works really well, next time you may want to take advantage of our repeat guest discount and try the Deluxe Family Room, with a private bedroom for Mom and Dad, and separate queen beds for the kids. I hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel one weekend to attend a wedding in Fernie. The location is pretty convenient, right off the highway, so no trouble finding it as you drive into town. I had my car, so all the good restaurants were a quick, easy drive into downtown.

Going solo, I had an economy room, which was just what you’d expect with two queen-sized beds, desk, chair, dresser with TV on it. The walls were a bit thin, but there were no party animals that weekend, just reminders that the building wasn’t empty. The reception was friendly and helpful, and there was a bit of a continental breakfast in the morning (fruit, yogurt, etc.)

This hotel provides clean, basic accommodations at a great price, with nothing fancy. Nothing wrong with staying here when enjoying what Fernie has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EdmontonMarc
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us and found the staff to be so friendly. I'm very proud of my team here at the Red Tree and I always like to hear that our efforts are welcomed.

We do provide well-priced accommodations in our Economy rooms, however, on your next visit you may consider upgrading to one of our Standard rooms, or even a Superior or King room. We offer a Repeat Guest discount and you'll find those rooms include everything provided in the Economy rooms, and even more. We can provide more than just good, basic accommodations!

I hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Did a quick trip to Fernie for one night and stayed at the Red Tree. I picked this location because we were travelling with two dogs and they accept pets in certain rooms. Check in was quick and friendly, room is basic and clean with two queen beds (the one closest to the tv had seen more use so we opted for the other) and staff had left a bag with treats and toys for the dogs. Great location for on-leash trails and also a good size off leash area. It is close to the downtown area for restaurants or all the usual chains down the highway. We didn't get a chance to check out the hotels other facilities - maybe on our next visit!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelCochrane

Hi lovetotravelCochrane!

Thanks for you review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you noted, we are a Pet-Friendly hotel and its great to hear that the front desk was able to learn about your dogs prior to your arrival so they could slip some treats in the room for your furry friends. With the river and the park just down the street from us, we're in a great spot to go for a run or walk, as it sounds like you found out!

Next time you visit you'll qualify for our Repeat Guest Discount, and hopefully you'll have an opportunity to try some of the other facilities of the hotel. This summer we have discs available for no charge to our guests to go play Frisbee Golf on the local course, which the dogs might also really enjoy.

Until your next visit,