“Another wonderful meal at Sterling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sterling

Sterling
Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 640 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: $24 - $5,875
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: District des Riverains
Description: Our restaurant's name reflects the quality of the meat that is served. Sterling Silver's remarkable breeding philosophy produces the highest quality of meat in Canada. Not only does Sterling Silver ensure incredible taste and tenderness, it surpasses any expectations.
Ottawa, Canada
“Another wonderful meal at Sterling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Yesterday we went for lunch to Sterling Restaurant (Gatineau) and it was once more a wonderful experience. Not only was the food perfectly cooked and tasty, but the service provided by Sacha and Pascal was unbeatable. The sous-chef Beni came to meet us as I wanted to congratulate him personally on the delicious vegetarian dish he had prepared for my husband and the fish dishes for the rest of the party. He was so personable, kind, warm and receptive to our comments. It was indeed a pleasure to meet him.

We are never disappointed at "Sterling": their food and service are amazing, and whether you sit outside or inside it is always a great ambiance! Lunch is very reasonably priced and dinner is worth your money.

“Serendipitous...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Our decision to go was rather spontaneous. Three in the afternoon on my birthday. It was one of those summer days with sun, but rain clouds that you knew could let loose any second.

I knew we'd arrived at that awkward time between lunch and dinner when the resto is bustling with staff either cleaning up or preparing. They did not miss a beat though, and a lovely gentleman set us up on the patio like it was no inconvenience at all.

He made sure to seat us under the awning and while looking out at the water, the small rain shower that followed only added to the tranquil atmosphere.

Here we shared a bottle of sparkling water and two of the best Bloody Caesar's we'd ever had.

And now the FOOOOOD!
Simply amazing! My husband had the steak tartar which he only reluctantly shared a few delicious bites. I started with the potato leek soup, followed by scallops and pork belly that I can only describe as orgasmic.

Our mains were both Filet Mignon, perfectly seasoned, perfect temperature. Melt in your mouth.
A glass of peppery Cab savored between bites.

My dessert was a velvety smooth, rich chocolate pâté. I did not want to share. Once again, food bliss.

Thank you to our amazing server and his assistant for their impeccably warm and timely yet unobtrusive service. And thank you to the charming sommelier who chatted with us and later sent after dinner drinks on the house. What a lovely gesture.

Perfect from start to finish.

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“First visit, impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Was very impressed by the restaurant staff. Helpful, friendly, welcoming. Accommodated a quick dinner with no reservations (highly recommend you make a reservation). Not the type of place you go for a quick meal but will definitely be returning for a special night with my wife. Server was excellent, manager on the floor took us on a tour of the building. Looking forward to going back with no time limitations.

Chelsea, Canada
“Amazingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

When my brother decided to visit me in Canada, there was no question about which restaurant I would take him to. Sterling Restaurant, as always, it did not disappoint. For carnivores, it really is the ultimate steak house in the area; perfectly cooked steak and enough choices on the menu to suit every appetite. My brother had scallops and a lobster tail for an appetizer (the scallops were pronounced the best he had ever tasted) and I had the Caesar salad (delicious). A 16 ounce steak kept my brother more than happy, while my salmon was perfect. Now I have a difficult choice - next time I go, is it fish or steak - luckily a choice that I am more than happy to make. Our waitress was Stephanie, who really took good care of us, and, as always Ahmed was making sure that everything was perfect. No question about it, for me, this is the ultimate place to go in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.

Rosemere, Canada
“excellant restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went to this restaurant to verify if my friends had enjoyed themselves. The restaurant did not disappoint everything that my friends had said was true. Whether you go with friends or for a romantic evening you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014