“a little disgusted”

Buffet des continents
Ranked #44 of 644 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“a little disgusted”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went a couple of times and the food was not bad, certain things i liked, the chinese food there sucks big time lacks flavour, i went with my aunt and mother not to long ago, my aunt went and got ice cream sat down to eat it and found 2 long strands of hair, we told the waiter and he got the manager, when we told him he said to us you have to understand this is a family restaurant and we told him yes we know and told him that the food we eat should not have human hair in it and also we saw several kids playing in the food and people taking food and throwing it back in the food warmers so all he said that my aunt's meal was on the house, now for me a restaurant should be clean and people who bring their children should watch them as they take food and they also shouldn't allow people to throw back the food in the food warmers. I have friends that went last week experienced the same thing found hair in the food reported it but they didn't get any apology or nothing they got the same answer as us its a family restaurant, even though it's a family restaurant the people who work there should control the kids who run around and play in the food and the parents who don't watch them deserve a good swift kick in the behind cause they are at fault just like the people who work there and don't show any respect to people who want to eat and enjoy the food. Maybe one day someone will have the courage to call food inspectors and asked them to go under cover to watch what goes on inside that restaurant. Really disgusting place.

• Visited January 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Would recommend”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend making reservations. Had to wait for awhile. May have to wait longer if you would like a table on the main level. Good food. Lots of selections. Definitely something for everyone.

1 Thank sprice18
Ottawa
“Best buffet in the Ottawa Area”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm not a big fan of the buffet's in the Ottawa area (think the quality, selection and price of Las Vegas buffets as a comparison). But this one is top notch, the breakfast buffet is incredibly and shouldn't be passed up.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mike H
Montreal, Canada
“All you can eat for an just price”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant is good. It's a all you can eat with an affordable price. I payed $15 each adult and children are free. Then, I payed $30 for my family.

You have many options, pasta, pizza, some meet, vegetables and deserts. It's a little better than a standard buffet with a nice place.

Pay attention for the opening hours, for example sunday is 10h00 to 14h30 - 16h30 to 21h00, then if you arrive after 14h30 you will wait until 16h30.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank MarcoTRibeiro
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“First and Last Time”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow. All I can say is wow because that's really all I can say about the Buffet. I'm not saying that in a good way either. Before I went there for the first time, I read up on some reviews here just to see what people said. I can agree that most foods were either overcooked or just cold. When I picked up the garlic bread, it was hot. When I got to sit down, it was cold and hard. You also have to pay for refills because apparently pop refills aren't free, hence why everyone gets water.

The food there isn't anything great and you're better off going elsewhere for most of this food. The pizza was the best thing there, but compared to every other pizza place it was mediocre. You also have dozens of kids running around, unsupervised because kids under 12 eat for free. With that being said, expect a lot of crying and screaming.

There's a large selection of food, but it's not good at all. A lot of stuff is like cardboard and the Mexican section is just chips. Yeah, just some chips and salsa. Woo. Save your money and go to McDonald's.

• Visited December 2012