“Very good food, nice atmosphere”
Review of Morello ristorante

Morello ristorante
Ranked #206 of 664 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went on a Monday night, very quite. The food was delicious, we had flank steak and the tuna, both wonderul. Service was good and not too expensive. Would definately go back.

2  Thank klz23

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have twice visited Le French Quarter with my wife, and both times loved it. They're packed at lunch, but in the evenings you can always find a table. This isn't the place to go for a quick steak -- they do take their time -- but when the food comes out it's mouthwateringly good.

So far we've had the Filet Mignon (Stirling Silver) with an amazing(!) peppercorn sauce (the additional 4$ is worth it), the Veal Marsala, and the Veal Limone. All absolutely marvellous and cooked to perfection. It is a higher-end place to eat, so (without alcohol) you won't get out of there without paying $80 after taxes and tips, but for ambiance and pure dining pleasure this place can't be beat.

The bread that comes with the meal is marvellous, and they do an exceptional job of keeping your water filled. I also had the garlic flat bread once, which is actually a pizza crust with a little bit of garlic oil brushed on. It didn't quite cut it for me (I want a lot of garlic when I get garlic bread), but your mileage may vary. Personally, I'd rather have more of the complimentary bread. Yum! BTW, for those who like/need margarine with their bread, they don't have any, but they can do an oil.

In short -- great ambiance, superb staff and marvellous food cooked to perfection. A similar restaurant in Ottawa would be more expensive, so this is definitely good value for your fine dining dollar. Those with an Entertainment Book can get discounts I believe.

2  Thank Scott M
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I had walked in front of Le French Quarter several times and I expected a very nice restaurant with great food and atmosphere. How disappointing to be served average food in such a plain atmosphere. There's nothing even one bit extraordinary about this restaurant, so what to make of the marked up prices? I cannot explain it.

1  Thank joseph34
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We had a group lunch there yesterday. Beautiful restaurant, lovely decor. We were served promptly and well. I didn't have the lunch special, but it looked good. I had a really nice spinach, blue cheese, pecan and pear salad topped with blackened chicken. Very spicy chicken. Delicious salad. We'll be going back there. We originally thought this was French Cuisine, but it is Creole. Nobody minded, very good food.

2  Thank OttawaGrl
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2008

It's the place to party if you're still 18.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook