“Very comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Gatineau
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
“Very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only. We found the bed was very comfortable. The windows are big and the room was sunny. The room had a sofa which allowed us to relax and have a drink with friends. The staff was excellent. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very nice property with easy access to Ottawa. Good value and awesome staff. This hotel is now a Hilton property. I have stayed at this location twice and would definitely stay there again. The staff is friendly and speak both English and French.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is an excellent choice. Very charming and beautifully decorated for a Christmas visit. It was half the price of the Hilton Lac Lemay where we usually stay while in town. The suite was excellent, clean, lots of space, beautiful large marble bathroom & windows with nooks overlooking the river and golf course. The buffet breakfast was not so great. The restaurants are much better at Lac Lemay Hilton.

Room Tip: Top floor club level...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CustServManager, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for writing about your recent hotel experience with us. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the quality of your room. We are excited to announce that our Bistronome lobby restaurant is now reopened for breakfast and dinner, and we do hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited for business in November over two nights. The hotel was poorly signposted but found it eventually. Nice room but no heating during first night! I called the front desk who promised to send up a maintenance guy, stayed up in cold room and as no one arrived by 10pm I called again and by now the night staff supervisor was on duty who told me they had a known heating problem in the room since 3pm that afternoon and the maintenance guy would not be fixing the heating until the morning! So, conflicting and misleading messages from front desk. The heating was fixed for my second night and a manager called me. No compenstation was mentioned until I raised the subject. The manager reluctantly agreed to compensate me with some HHonors points (I have HHonors Diamond status). With Diamond status I received complimentary breakfast which is in the hotel's Brazilian themed restaurant which is a long, long walk from the lobby and downstairs, not helpful when you have a roll-on bag with you with no obvious elevator to the restaurant. On both mornings the restaurant was near empty. The set up was odd, plenty of tables but the few guests were made to sit in the dark bar area, literally facing the bar, and the breakfast buffet was behind a wall separating the bar from the restaurant. The buffet was reasonable but nothing special. Would I pay for it if it had not been complimentary......probably not. The server's (when you could find one) seemed surly and disinterested like they didn't want to be there, which is possibly why they kept disappearing. The kitchen staff were talking loudly on both mornings, such that you could hear their personal conversations at the buffet area. Not very professional. A week after checking out I had still not been credited with the compensatory HHonors points or the room heating problem, and I'm still waiting a month later!

Perhaps the casual non-business guest may not be too concerned about my experience but I would caution any business traveller, particularly if you have HHonors status, to take note. In summary, the hotel itself is generally well appointed, with the exception of the strange breakfast location, but the problem seems to be with the attitude of the staff, including management who do not seem to care too much about the guest experience. It is odd that an HHonors Diamond guest is treated this way. That is why I will never return to this hotel. I have cancelled my November reservation and made a reservation with another hotel in the Ottawa area who truly values my business.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Dave A
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the travel community. We are truly sorry about the inconvenience that you have experienced regarding our staff and the heating in your room. Your detailed comments will be forwarded to our management team for immediate action. We are pleased to announce that our Bistronome lobby restaurant and bar has reopened ! Thank you for allowing us to improve on our services. Best regards.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed there for business in Ottawa. Lovely, quiet hotel with fantastic staff. Was offered the usual warm cookie when I arrived. The room was huge in comparison to other hotels for the same price. I was only there for one night, so I am having trouble meeting the minimum 200 character.... hence the rambling here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear guest, thank you for writing about your recent hotel experience with us. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the size of your room and the quality of our staff. We do strive to make every guest feel unique. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with this hotel, my Hilton status got me upgraded to a suite on the 5th floor. I travel to Ottawa frequently on business and usually stay at the Hampton. Although both hotels have great staff, The Doubletree has a much warmer and modern atmosphere. Very comfortable room!
(Would be nice if they had a free breakfast, though).

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business