“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been to Le Bostaurus twice now and both times really enjoyed my visit. The food is excellent! The steak was very tender and flavourful, the veggies fresh and crisp...not just an afterthought as in many restaurants. The fries here are also delicious....like chip wagon fries. Both times we dined in the pub area downstairs where you have access to both the pub menu and the steakhouse menu. The pub is casual and inviting. Service was very good. My next visit I plan to try the upstairs steakhouse. A restaurant like this is long overdue in Aylmer...I really hope they stick around as they certainly deserve to.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Service for drinks and food was very slow but it was not the fault of the server. The waitress we had was attentive but held back by her support staff. All the steaks that came to the table were under cooked, when you order medium and the steak is just past blue rare someone in the kitchen is rushing the food out or has no idea what they are doing. So to sum up the bill for my girlfriend and I was 120 with a few drinks of course, and I was very disappointed. Next time I'll just go to the keg.

2  Thank Jigglyness
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have tried the new restaurant in Aylmer twice and have had bad experiences both times. The first time, we waited over 30 minutes to even be asked if we wanted a drink. We were one of 3 tables in the downstairs pub area. The waitress was extremely slow, the food was slow, and we had to go up to the bar ourselves to ask if we could place an order for more drinks. Terrible first impression - especially for a pub. The second time we went with my 2-year-old son - I have never had an issue in an Ottawa pub-like restaurant bringing my son (Heart and Crown, Cornerstone, Pub Italia, etc), but we were promptly turned away at Bostaurus and told he couldn't come in because he wasn't over 18. Ridiculous.

4  Thank henderhines
Reviewed March 12, 2013

While touring Ottawa last week, we crossed the bridge to Province of Quebec and visited Aylmer for the first time. Famished, we were attracted by a sign on the Main Street, displaying a well-priced lunch and available parking. Expecting pub food, we soon realised that this may turn out to be quite a culinary experience and ‘make our day’. The beef and barley soup was hot and delicious. The panini were so fresh and delightful and the 'pièce de résistance' was a beautiful and exquisite and generous 'crème brûlée’ one of the best ones we ever had. The warmth of the place, patrons and all (especially on a cold winter day) insured a pleasant and friendly atmosphere including personal and efficient service. Hard to beat. It is such a pleasure to walk out from a restaurant satisfied and content with the food and service, the best formula. Must return to Australia however will be back next year to sample the next menu. Congratulations for understanding and pleasing customers.

Si vous cherchez de la bonne bouffe à Aylmer P.Q., n’hésitez-pas à visiter le restaurant Le Bostaurus. Nous y sommes arrivés que par hasard, après être attirés par une affiche sur la rue principale, offrant le déjeuner au prix seulement de $9.95 et du stationnement. Quelle joie de sortir de ce restaurant contenté et le désir d’y retourner à la prochaine occasion. Les proprios ont bien saisis que le succès d’un restaurant est d’offrir des mets délicieux et un service impeccable. N’y sortez-en pas sans avoir dégusté la Crème Brulée. Je doute fort bien que vous en soyez déçus.

M.Speerin

3  Thank Marinic2012
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Le Bostaurus is located in a newly-renovated 2-story heritage building in downtown Aylmer. The main floor is a nice pub with multiple HD TV's, several beers on draft - finally a nice place to go have a drink with friends in Aylmer! The second floor is a high-end steak house. The building is beautifully renovated / restored with the old stone walls and wood beam ceilings. We were 2 couples and tried the filet mignon and the ribeye steaks. All were cooked perfectly and fantastically tender. The accompanying vegetables and twice-baked potatoes were very good. They have a limited wine selection but enough to satisfy most people except maybe the real connaisseurs. We had no room left to try their desserts... The service was a bit slow but the place was packed so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The prices are in line with the other high-end steak houses in the Ottawa region.

Overall, this is a great place to go for drinks followed by a nice steak dinner. Long overdue in Aylmer!!!

6  Thank sensfan12