“Great food”
Review of Edgar

Edgar
Ranked #17 of 667 Restaurants in Gatineau
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brunch 10-3 Tuesday to Friday Brunch 10-2 Saturday Brunch 9:30-2 Sunday Lunch served during opening hours
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Ottawa for the weekend and saw some good reviews on this lovely place so we decided to go there. It's not a long drive from Ottawa at all, it took us about 15 minutes to get there. As soon as we got in there our waitress greeted us and already offered drinks so while we waited we were drinking coffee and tea. They only have a few tables so be prepared to wait for a few minutes but believe me it will be worth it.
I had the apple/pork crusty pancake (I am sorry but I completely forgot the name of the dish) and it was delicious, be aware that is really sweet so if you're not very fond of sweet meals for breakfast/brunch I wouldn't recommend it. My boyfriend got the huevos rancheros and oh boy was that delicious. I almost ordered a second dish just to have that on my own, it is by far the best huevos rancheros I have ever tried and I would definitely go back next time I go to Ottawa. This place is a must go for brunch whenever you're in Ottawa.

1  Thank Angelapadua

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We happened to arrive and got a seat right away which made us lucky but waiting for food like this would be worth it. We tried the Dutch baby and the pea meal plate. They were both a perfect balance of flavours. The service was good, fast, and friendly. The portions were generous and we all left stuffed. We may have bought some baked goods to bring home too, why not?

Reviewed August 28, 2013

While the menu is not large during lunch each dish is well thought out and crafted.

We arrived early and that was good as the place does fill up. We ordered the sandwich specials and the Asian chicken was great, the Mexican pork was good but lacked pizazz.

The tomato/mango salad was divine, the spice level was perfect and it complemented both dishes perfectly.

The espressos and earl grey tea were great as was the cappuccino and the desert (lemon pastry) was very very good.

The service was excellent and the outdoor seating was very nice (the view is a quite street).

Overall this is really one of the nicest lunch restaurants I have been to in the Ottawa area in a long time and I would highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank Peter_Bomberg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When we arrived for breakfast we had a 25 minute wait because it was so busy! The servers were really nice and brought us coffee while we waited. Don't expect a menu. The server told us the 3 breakfast items, two of which are set and the third one changes weekly. Luckily for me, one of the choices was gluten-free so we were all really happy. The food was excellent. I think they also sold some pastries/desserts inside. Tres yummy!

1  Thank taiwantraveller
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We discovered a little gem of a restaurant in Gatineau. We went for brunch it was so good. We had the Dutch pancake with pork belly and cheddar and had a veggie sandwich with a greek salad. the bread comes from Les Deux freres bakery and it is delicious. Service was nice, small space but you get good homedae food. I will go back during the week for lunch.

1  Thank mtr1945