“Great value and very original”
Review of Edgar

Edgar
Ranked #1 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Gatineau
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brunch 10-3 Tuesday to Friday Brunch 10-2 Saturday Brunch 9:30-2 Sunday Lunch served during opening hours
Reviewed August 28, 2013

While the menu is not large during lunch each dish is well thought out and crafted.

We arrived early and that was good as the place does fill up. We ordered the sandwich specials and the Asian chicken was great, the Mexican pork was good but lacked pizazz.

The tomato/mango salad was divine, the spice level was perfect and it complemented both dishes perfectly.

The espressos and earl grey tea were great as was the cappuccino and the desert (lemon pastry) was very very good.

The service was excellent and the outdoor seating was very nice (the view is a quite street).

Overall this is really one of the nicest lunch restaurants I have been to in the Ottawa area in a long time and I would highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank Peter_Bomberg

Reviewed August 20, 2013

When we arrived for breakfast we had a 25 minute wait because it was so busy! The servers were really nice and brought us coffee while we waited. Don't expect a menu. The server told us the 3 breakfast items, two of which are set and the third one changes weekly. Luckily for me, one of the choices was gluten-free so we were all really happy. The food was excellent. I think they also sold some pastries/desserts inside. Tres yummy!

1  Thank taiwantraveller
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We discovered a little gem of a restaurant in Gatineau. We went for brunch it was so good. We had the Dutch pancake with pork belly and cheddar and had a veggie sandwich with a greek salad. the bread comes from Les Deux freres bakery and it is delicious. Service was nice, small space but you get good homedae food. I will go back during the week for lunch.

1  Thank mtr1945
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Tiny little place but just a gem in the neighbourhood. I had a light lunch which consisted of gazpacho and cucumbers and honeydew melon salad. Both were just exquisite. Original menu, refreshing and creative cuisine. I can't wait to go back.
Compliments to the team!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We dined the night before at Odile and I was absolutely raving about the food! I was so excited to find out about Chez Edgar and drag the family to try it the next day.

We got the paninis as takeout as seating was limited. The paninis were pressed to perfection and the bread was just right and slightly crispy. The paninis were packed to the max with ingredients, and again perfectly paired, I experienced the same explosion of flavours in my mouth as I did with the last night's dinner at Odile. The pricing was VERY reasonable at $7/$7.25 each (remember that pho in chinatown Ottawa costs $7 for a small bowl and that a panini of this quality would easily exceed $10 in Toronto).

I also bought a few cookies for takeout. The beignes au citron were okay, but I really loved the cookies. I bought a gingerbread and chocolate one as well as the apricot and coconut. Loved them, wish I had bought more to take home with me.

We drove down one block to the park facing the Ottawa river to eat.

Next time I'm in the Ottawa region, I'll definitely be back!