“Excellent”
Review of Edgar

Edgar
Ranked #9 of 670 Restaurants in Gatineau
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brunch 10-3 Tuesday to Friday Brunch 10-2 Saturday Brunch 9:30-2 Sunday Lunch served during opening hours
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We discovered a little gem of a restaurant in Gatineau. We went for brunch it was so good. We had the Dutch pancake with pork belly and cheddar and had a veggie sandwich with a greek salad. the bread comes from Les Deux freres bakery and it is delicious. Service was nice, small space but you get good homedae food. I will go back during the week for lunch.

1  Thank mtr1945

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Tiny little place but just a gem in the neighbourhood. I had a light lunch which consisted of gazpacho and cucumbers and honeydew melon salad. Both were just exquisite. Original menu, refreshing and creative cuisine. I can't wait to go back.
Compliments to the team!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We dined the night before at Odile and I was absolutely raving about the food! I was so excited to find out about Chez Edgar and drag the family to try it the next day.

We got the paninis as takeout as seating was limited. The paninis were pressed to perfection and the bread was just right and slightly crispy. The paninis were packed to the max with ingredients, and again perfectly paired, I experienced the same explosion of flavours in my mouth as I did with the last night's dinner at Odile. The pricing was VERY reasonable at $7/$7.25 each (remember that pho in chinatown Ottawa costs $7 for a small bowl and that a panini of this quality would easily exceed $10 in Toronto).

I also bought a few cookies for takeout. The beignes au citron were okay, but I really loved the cookies. I bought a gingerbread and chocolate one as well as the apricot and coconut. Loved them, wish I had bought more to take home with me.

We drove down one block to the park facing the Ottawa river to eat.

Next time I'm in the Ottawa region, I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you like a great coffee and a robust sandwich that tastes like it was made at home - this place is for you. The place is really small (as the title suggests), and can get packed especially during for the lunch hour, but that is the sign of recognition. In summer there is a few seats outside available. Also if you like this place do not miss 'Odile' - which is run by the same people.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Edgar is not to be missed. Went for brunch and loved it. Menu is small (brunch had only 3 choices) but boy, does it ever pack a tasty punch. Seating is very limited both inside and out. So depending on timing, you could be waiting first for a table and then for your food (understandably as kitchen is also tiny and dishes are complex!). Grab a coffee and wait outside if the weather is nice. You will not be disappointed with taste, portion size or price. We even got takeout Mac & Cheese and Indian spiced carrot soup - both were divine!