“Lame hours”
Review of Edgar

Edgar
Ranked #17 of 663 Restaurants in Gatineau
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brunch 10-3 Tuesday to Friday Brunch 10-2 Saturday Brunch 9:30-2 Sunday Lunch served during opening hours
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place has the worst hours, they are never open. I have tried on several occasions to eat here, get a coffee here, just get in the door, but The hours seem to only accommodate the owners?? Once I did manage to find it open, but they informed us they would be closing in 45 min?? Lame if you ask me, and such a shame because the food looks amazing.

4  Thank Purpleeggplant

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I met a friend at that restaurant for brunch. The food was very good, tasty, and a good size plate. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Francine B
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My hubby and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday Brunch. We found the food beautifully displayed, fresh and scrumptious. We found this spot by accident as it is on a side street not far from home. The seating is limited and small. We sat outside on the small deck to enjoy the balmy weather. I honestly cannot remember what we ate but be sure it was ample and tasty. This is a must do if you are in the neighbourhood, very end of the Gatineau Parkway one block south of Tache Blvd in Gatineau (Hull).

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Chez Edgar is a small (read very small) place off the beaten track in Gatineau but well-worth the drive. It was full when we arrived. My partner wasn't too keen on waiting - however we were both glad we did.

My huevos rancheros were the best ever, served with fried potatoes and salad. What's the secret - the salsa? Not sure but my tummy felt happy for hours afterwards. His panini sandwich with avocado and feta was nicely flavoured and delicious. The coffee was great and the service quite attentive. After such a satisfying meal, we couldn't resist take-outs for later: the chocolate-ginger cookie was good, the blueberry square astonishing with its lemony taste, the apple muffin remarkable. We also purchased the mac'n cheese. Everything was fresh and made with quality ingredients. Chez Edgar, it appears, takes its food seriously. Small, perhaps - but unforgettable.

As vegetarians we found Chez Edgar vegetarian-friendly.

2  Thank Clea-Simard
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are looking for a family-style, all you can eat breakfast where you stuff your face so much that your stomach is bloated and you need to be rolled out of the restaurant, Chez Edgar is NOT for you.

Chez Edgar is a lovely, small place with a sophsticated air yet not pretentious. We actually arrived on a Saturday morning, too early and was told in a friendly and polite manner that they were not opened until later. The aroma of the food they were preparing for the day was so enticing, we had to go back. And we were so happy we did the next day.

My husband, daughter and I had the most wonderful Sunday Brunch. Our server was very sweet. The coffee was so good and my cappucino was sublime! My daughter enjoyed her hot chocolate. The food... OH MY GOODNESS it was delicious. It truly is a gourment brunch! My husband had the Dutch Baby. And I had the Gnochi with poached eggs on top of rapini, crusted herb bread and fresh sprouts topped with pork belly. I savoured every bite because it was so good. And the desserts..... Mmmmmmmm, the citrus beignet was incredible. My daughter loved her chocolate mint cookie. The presentation of the whole meal was so sweetly elegant. The dessert plates were beautiful in design.

We are from Toronto and when we visit Ottawa/Gatineau, Chez Edgar is on the top of our must visit list....... we are hoping to have brunch here again very very soon :)

3  Thank HiRoRo_Travels