Hilton Lac-Leamy
$114
$114
$109
$104
Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotel V(Gatineau)
$97
$92
1,398 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebeautiful hotelarome restaurantoutdoor poollake viewcigar loungeattached casinotennis courtsdeluxe roomottawa areafree parkingottawa gatineauacross the rivercookiesmarblecromaconference
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I am a Hilton gold member, so the front desk upgraded me to an executive suite on the 19th floor. At the front entrance you are greeted by Chihuly glass art sculptures. These sculptures are amazing artwork and the entrance is quite fascinating.
When I arrived at my room, I found it was very spacious however it was filled with all gold fixtures and I found it to be very traditional. The bathroom is very grand and has a very large tub and shower. I also had a great view of the capital of Canada - Ottawa. If you like very traditional decor you will like this room. I think that it would help if they modernized the hotel rooms and made them more trendy. The gold fixtures and brown marble tile throughout is a bit much. The staff in the executive lounge was very unfriendly. I ate breakfast there 3 mornings and when I said hi, they would only respond in french and were not very helpful. The hotel is isolated and there isn't much around unless you want to hang out at the casino and very expensive restaurants.
The free parking was great!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Lac-Leamy for a 3-day conference in June 2010. The hotel blew away my expectations completely. rooms were perfect, the location is breathtaking - great restaurants and the Casino was fun! I loved that there was even a low-scale dining option in the lower floors of the Casino for a burger and fries! I used the fitness centre and pools, saunas. Everything was immaculate. I would love to visit this hotel again when travelling to Ottawa/Hull.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Booked a suite for three nights. Arrived on a Monday. They seemed understaffed. There was no one at the service desk so had to lug my luggage to the lobby desk which is 200 feet from the entrance. There was a storm at that moment, the entrance canopy offered little protection.
The suite was comfortable, the view of Ottawa is very nice. Employees are always greeting you in hallways and public areas.
One complaint was with the cleanliness of the shower. Once in the shower I noticed quite a lump of previous guests hair floating around the drain, plus an unseemly gross lock of hair on the marble seat of the shower - And I mean a BIG lock of hair - It couldn't have casually been missed. I called the Governess ( yes, they have a governess...) and the bathroom was redone for us. The drain to the whirpool bath needed some adjustment, but being handy, I fixed that myself.
The tv's are nice though you need to be a sharpshooter to change channel's with the remote.

The restaurant and room staff are extremely helpful, courteous and polite. it's a dream to be served by them. The reception desk is another matter, especially on departure when we had to wait while the receptionist was giving a computer lesson to some colleague on the phone and then we we're rapidly brushed off for a more familiar guest.

We needed directions to get to Ottawa but, though they have a concierge desk, twice in the middle of the morning none could be found.

Despite the lobby, The Hotel is a team effort and the rest of the staff made for a very enjoyable stay. We will return soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Everything was perfect: extremely clean premises, fantastic room and restaurant views, very polite and helpful staff, superb facilities. Simply an excellent hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I don't think I can say anything bad about this place. Perhaps a negative would be that it's pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Staff: Everyone we met there was very friendly and helpful. If you don't speak ANY French, don't worry; everyone always spoke French first, but repeated themselves in English immediately. If you want to try French, they will be happy you at least tried, especially if you're American. I took six years of French, but my last class was eight years ago, so I was pretty rusty. Everyone I've met so far seems thrilled (and extremely surprised) that an American is at least trying. The reactions are pretty interesting.

Room: We had a deluxe room on the eighth floor overlooking the lake, which is where fireworks are set off on Wednesday evenings. Make sure you have a camera if you are there for that! It was beautiful! The room was extremely nice, and the bathroom was HUGE with a sit-down shower separate from the bath. You couldn't hear much from outside the room. Our first night, there was quite a party in a room across the hall and a few doors down. We only heard it from the hallway when we returned from shopping, and that's because they had the door propped open. Once we were in our room, we heard nothing, and they had been pretty feisty from what we could tell.

Food: We ate in the room most of the time. The food from room service was excellent, although expensive. There's a 24-hour cafe at the casino, which had a good variety of options. The soup was very good and is all you can eat all day.

We didn't visit the casino, other than the cafe, so I can't say anything about that. We walked down to the pool and spa area, and it looked very nice and very well kept, exactly what you'd expect from this hotel. Also, the Chihuly glass in the lobby and by the stairs is gorgeous. At night, the fountains outside rotate colors and make for a great photo.

We absolutely want to visit again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple