“We were pampered!”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This is a very swanky hotel. From the lobby to your room...everything is elegant. We happened to mention to the concierge that it was our 23 wedding anniversary and he must've mentioned it to the restaurant in the hotel where we dined because we were brought a lovely dessert with 'Happy 23rd wedding anniversary' written on chocolate. In addition to that, we found a lovely bottle of red wine and a nice card in our room. The room had an excellent view of the lake, the Chateau Laurier and the Parliament buildings. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was huge! We wore our robes and slippers down to the heated out door pool (people swim in it all year round). We also enjoyed the indoor pool, hot tubs and sauna. Being connected to the casino meant having to give that a try, too! We really enjoyed all of our meals. I recommend the chef's special 5 course meal with accompanying wines at Le Baccarat if you are celebrating a special occasion, but it is not cheap! The food is the best I've had. The only negative things I can say is that we rented a movie in our room and it didn't work so I had to call the front desk. They did fix the problem within 30 minutes though. The other thing was that my pillow had a very strong perfume smell....linen spray, maybe? I don't have a problem with scents as a rule, but this smell actually kept me up all night. I'm sure they would have fixed that problem too had I complained, but I didn't want to after everything else had been so perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ottawa even though it is not even in Ontario. It is a short drive from the capital and worth it for top notch accomodations. If you do find the meals too expensive we noticed a number of people bringing food back from McDonald's near by.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Lac-Leamy

Reviewed August 30, 2008

Got a free night from the Montreal casino to stay at the hilton, with a guest for a completely free stay. My stay was perfect in every way. Check in was quick, efficient (even though my room wasn't ready - no big deal) and polite. Rooms were comfortable and clean.
The hotel itself was very nice, modern and full of activities to keep us busy. We went for a swim, relaxed in the sauna, worked out in the modern gym. There was nothing to do in the area, so we went to the casino which was kind of a let down, it was small and wasn't fun.

Sunday brunch the next morning was really good. All in all a very positive stay, and will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and absolutely loves it. We have had the chance to try all rooms and they are all very nice. The pool and spa are amazing. We had a couples massage and it was great.

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this city and even people celebrating a anniversary or a special occasion.

Techiepat

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The hotel is a very nice building and appears to be quite new. While not unfriendly, it is a large sterile impersonal place.

The room itself was very nice with a lake view (and casino view). The hotel adjoins a modern non-smoking casino and is very well maintained. We did not realize this when we booked, but other than making self-parking impossible as the place was crowded, it was not a bother. They charge $20 a night for valet parking.

The room itself and the bathroom were one of the nicest I have seen at a Hilton.

The hotel is not too far from what appears to be a very run down part of town. When we arrived, beggars, addicts etc kept approaching the car for money. Do not walk too far from the hotel without knowing exactly where you are going. It's safer to drive.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Whether you're visiting Gatineau or Ottawa the Lac Leamy Hilton is the most luxuriously appointed hotel in the region. From the guestrooms to the restaurants and entertainment this hotel has it all. If you're a business traveller, a family with young children/teenagers or a couple seeking a romantic getaway this hotel is the best choice. My husband and I have stayed there at least 8 times in the past few years and we have never been dissapointed. The casino is lots of fun, the food is great, the pool and spa are top notch and the guestrooms are spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. You will appreciate the beautiful marble bathrooms. Our favourite room is the Jacuzzi Suite so if you're booking a romantic getaway definitely request this room. The buffet breakfast is wonderful so make sure you get the package deal! The staff at this hotel are always polite and attentive to your needs. All of our expectations have always been met or exceeded. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely be returning there myself.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Notsorusty
Reviewed April 25, 2008

This is a beautiful hotel. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful, the pool is amazing and the food in the restaurants is great too!

Nothing bad to report.

There is a great theater and it is attached to a casino so there is lots to do for the adult traveller.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2007

It's only okay, and is expensive. Won a two night package that included quite a nice breakfast, and I suspect that since this is Quebec regular room rates might include this. I've stayed elsewhere in Ottawa/Hull for a lot less than their regular rates and with as much to offer (other than the casino)