“Family day weekend of FUN”
Review of Hilton Lac-Leamy

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Family day weekend of FUN”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was a family trip, BUT my kids are 22 and 24, so family trip yes but adult kids!! We live in Ottawa, but daughter work for a cruise line and was only home for 6 weeks and my son has his own place in Ottawa. This was a glorious staycation for us to be a family. We started by skating at Dows lake, drove down town to the canal and checked out all the beautiful ice sculpture as it was the last weekend of Winterlude, which of course included a beavertail. Drove to the Hilton, checked in and just spend the evening snacking, watching the Olympics and laughing. We went for a hot tub and climbed into the most comfy beds ever! Had a beautiful breakfast, went swimming in the heated out door pool, and another soak in the hot tub! Crossed the river to Ottawa, had a beautiful lunch on the market, went back to our luxurious room at the Hilton and relaxed. Got dressed up, went to the Buffet of wonderfully tasty food at the Casino, gambled a little and then back to our wonderful room. This hotel is a bit pricey but worth every dime!!! The staff were more than helpful, polite and friendly. The room was a hotel room at its very best, clean, spacious and had every thing you could possibly want, I can not recommend it enough! My kids went to the gym and said it was fabulous, very nice! I can not thank the Hilton Lac Leamy enough for a wonderful experience with my grown children!! WE WILL BE BACK!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Finnish first
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a romantic night and loved it. The hotel is very nice and located close to Ottawa. We admired the city views, both during the day and at night. I must say the bathroom is very very nice. We had room service (breakfast) overlooking the lake. The amount of food we got was well worth the price. The room could have been a bit more cleaner though. For a Hilton we found their was too much dust and the carpets were not done the greatest. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott W
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Not my favorite hotel stay. I thought I was in for something special when I saw the amazing glass chandeliers in the lobby, but I wasn't very impressed. There was nobody greeting me when I got out of the taxi; not very welcoming.

The room was clean but completely uninspiring with the chipped wood furniture and boring brass accents. Two good things to report; the view and the water pressure in the shower. When I arrived my tv wasn't working nor was my safe; however, the front desk sent staff members up to fix both items quickly and efficiently.

There aren't many food choices here unless you travel outside the hotel and casino area. Nothing you can walk to. Arome is in the hotel but way too expensive and the reviews don't seem to justify the prices. A bistro in the casino had good, well priced food and cheerful service, but I resented having to walk past all the slot machines to get to it. Room service was tasty and prompt through the hotel if you're into that, but of course you pay for it and the gratuity is added automatically.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sharimck
Petawawa, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel was easy to get to. Nice location and the view from the room was nice. The hotel was tastefully decorated and clean. Upon arrival they upgraded the room as I am a diamond member of the Hilton. Service anywhere I went was polite and efficient. The only thing that sucked about the weekend was the stupid weather as it was really cold and it snowed. I would stay at this hotel again. The breakfast on the 19th floor was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lorraine, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Second time there for business in Ottawa and as I tried other hotels in Ottawa, this one is worth the stay in Gatineau! Enjoying the pool and the spa outside and inside before and after work. The casino next door is also a pleasure to experience. Great way to mix fun and work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dallas, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel was exactly as advertised; it's beautiful inside and out and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast and lunch exceeded expectations and the indoor and outdoor heated pool and hot tub options added a fun adventure to the trip (outdoor hot tub in below freezing weather was new to me!).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Minooka, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Lac Leamy for business. The hotel is beautiful, the bar staff, Executive Lounge staff and the In-room service staff were all first rate. The only reason I did not rate this hotel higher was the fact that I was charged for E-Standby for THREE NIGHTS. E-Standby from what I understood was the ability to hold a upgrade if available for the posted rate - the rate would be per day. Instead, I was charged for the E-Standby for all the options I requested as possible upgrades. How do you charge someone for just requesting an upgrade? I do not understand how that works.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatineau
Byward Market Area
Andaz Ottawa Byward Market
Byward Market Area
The Westin Ottawa
The Westin Ottawa
#6 of 67 in Ottawa

Been to Hilton Lac-Leamy? Share your experiences!