“Great pool”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having a heated outdoor pool year round is a big bonus. Kids loved it!
The food was good, location for travelling around Ottawa works perfectly.
Rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. Overall a solid vacation base.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Really loved the rooms they gave us!! It's clean and bright!! Also loved the restaurant downstairs called Arome. Must go but you have to make sure of making a reservation just in case as a back up plan. We're having a brunch on Sunday and it was a delight and the theme was Maple Shack..must try before it end!! Love it!!!love it!! Love it!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Best hotel in Ottawa/Hull!! Love it!! Kids have lots of fun swimming. Its pool is not deep (only 5ft) but it's one of the only few hotels that cares to hire a lifeguard to ensure safety of all guests. Salt water/chlorine outdoor/indoor pool with new noodles and lots of PFDs. Great paintings, art works and floor designs, even swimming pool area is well decorated. Food at the restaurant (Aroma) is delicious. Never had chicken breast that's so moist and great-tasting. Good value for kids meals, $10 with soup/salad, main course, drinks and dessert. Certain adult entrees come with desserts and you can choose whatever from the dessert table. The desserts are honestly the BEST!! Lots of selections, all made in house. Not been to the casino yet but I definitely will after finish writing this wonderful review. All staff seems to be friendly and helpful as well. Will definitely return with kids and other family members.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Make sure to always check your billing upon check out, it may not be accurate. This hotel is very nice and I stayed there in the past. Unfortunately, the level of service is not the same anymore, staff is cold, I didn't feel welcomed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Irene L
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Irene,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the billing confusion, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and we appreciate the opportunity that you gave us by speaking with Mario so we may correct our mistake. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hitlon Lac-Leamy in the near future.

Regards,

Wayne

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The only reason i am giving this hotel a 4 out of 5 stars is because, i found some dirty kleenexes in both pockets of my so called clean and fresh bathrobe. It was folded up properly in the closet but CLEARLY had not been washed. I can only wonder what else was not washed...
I am a travel agent, I have travelled all over the world and honestly for a 5 star hotel, they should really wash everything.
Lazy maids maybe? Who knows.. They handled it good though, gave us free breakfast, but still, the point is they were cought not washing bathrobes. That is soooooo unsanitary. Yuk.
Other then that, of course the room was nice and the pool too. Breakfast is really yummy and they make it beautiful even though its a buffet.
Im sad i had to write this but its part of my job to let you know.
Its a little bit of a trun off because i couldnt stop thinking what else wasent clean, you know ?!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Sasha V
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before and travel at least once a month to this hotel. The deluxe rooms are great. Nice bathroom, decent size room. The reason I decided to review hotel again because of something important I forgot to mention when I come to hotel. Everything is lovely, checkin, service and attention except sometimes the valet service. When I check in and I don't have small change to tip the valet guy, he insists to change my money!!! I find that awkward, especially that I told the guy I would tip him on my way out to dinner since i didn't have any change right now. Not all the valet guys do that but I have found that 2-3 of them are a bit pushy and I don't appreciate it and definately wanted to share this information. A tip is not obligatory! A tip is something that is extra for awesome, amazing service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Have stayed in many beautiful hotels around the world but I have to say that this is not one of them. The service here is not at all what it should be. People who run this place are kidding to be charging for the service offered.

Food is mediocre at best.

And I'll bet it smells better at brothel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank rdcfilm
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear rdcfilm,

I wish to thank you for your time and commitment in sharing with us your comments regarding your recent stay. We value your comments and suggestions, as they allow us to maintain, and improve upon our high standards of service. I would be happy to follow-up on any outstanding issue that you may have regarding your stay.

I look forward to receiving your feedback, you can also share your comments with me by phone at (819) 790-6444

Regards,