“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
winnipeg, Canada
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great conference center and food food,gorgeous lobby, super amenities fitness room, meeting rooms, casino, pool, spa, beautiful marble bathroom with big tub and separate shower,comfortable beds,good elevators and escalators, beautiful grounds and settings very close to shopping! Very friendly staff!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night over the Christmas holiday and were very impressed with all aspects of this hotel. We booked a room on the 19th floor: the view was incredible and the room spectacular. No complaints here.....very clean with a superb bathroom.The price, which was very reasonable, also included breakfast. We also enjoyed our morning swim outside in the heated pool! To make a long story short, we have booked here again and are looking forward to another weekend getaway in this fabulous hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hardware of hotel is very good, there are Chihuly master piece decorated in the lobby, the room is large, & the scenery from window is beautiful. But we are not happy for the services:
1. We were two families stayed there, & had breakfast at restraunt next morning. Before we start, we told the waitress to charge the bill to room, but when we check, the waitress told us there is no record in receiption, it costed us over 20 minutes & we had to delay our time schedule.
2. My wife went to swiming in the morning, one staff asked her question without polite mode (my wife could not understand English, but she felt not happy). At that time, there were others in swimming pool, but he asked nothing.
Anyway, we will not select this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rockland, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very clean and close to all kinds of amenities. Special rates for different occasions would be appreciated. Rooms are spacious including the bathroom. We appreciated the spread in the lobby on Christmas day. It was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent Dec 25 and 26th at this hotel. Have been a few times before and we have never been disappointed. The beds are very very comfortable and just love the bathrobes they supply. Outdoor Pool and hottubs were open and offered much fun and relaxation. Buffet breakfast was excellent and well worth the money. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and looking over the lake
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

While recently attending a conference at the Hilton, I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel for 5 nights. Our conference rate was $159, that put you in a standard room. Because I am a hilton honours member I was upgraded to a deluxe room. Not sure what the difference was other than being on a higher floor. Check in was efficient, lobby is stunning, room is spacious, bathroom is fabulous ( large with a huge shower and deep bathtub), the outdoor pool and hot tub were great ( especially in the chilly temperatures). Definitely recommend this facility as a great hilton hotel to stay at!

Stayed December 2013
Streetsboro, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here Dec 10, 2013. I took a shower at about 7:00 AM. The water was cold! I needed to meet with a customer to deliver bad news. So, this was not a great way to start the day. When I reported it to the desk, they took a measly 15% off my $330 bill and offered me a complimentary upgrade for my next visit.

My co-worked showered earlier in another room on a different floor and said the water temperature was unstable but at least he had hot water.

I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton across the river previously for 1/3 the price. If I return to this region this is where I will stay and where I would recommend for others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tinag6813
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the lack of hot water in your shower on the morning of your departure. I apologize that your experience with us was not satisfactory and I wanted to ensure you, that we have immediately rectified the problem with the mixing valve in the shower which regulates the water temperature. We hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to the area.

Have a great day and please feel free to contact me directly for any further questions or comments

Regards,

Wayne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatineau
Byward Market Area
The Westin Ottawa
The Westin Ottawa
#5 of 67 in Ottawa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,983 reviews
Byward Market Area
Andaz Ottawa Byward Market

Been to Hilton Lac-Leamy? Share your experiences!