“Not happy”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Metal frame of the bed was not properly covered and damaged my feet, mattress was too soft and my back was sore after sleeping, no internet signal in conference room at all, can not use wife at there, wrong billing, so far i don't know what extra fee has been charged on my credit card, no email follow up for that.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
FRC6446, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly, contact information has been left on your voicemail as well by email so we may discuss your stay further and hopefully have you back to stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Francois Cormier

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed three days while on business, the hotel aesthetically was very nice. On my last night, I retreated to my room after a very long day and decided on room service. Poor, poor, poor service. I called four or five times to room service and nobody answered. I called the front desk THREE times and NO ONE ANSWERED. Then on top of that they charged me for making a local call which I did not.

Room Tip: Do not rely on room service, if you can eat outside of the hotel.
3  Thank Deer6
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident with ordering room service has caused you. We strive to meet and exceed every guests' needs and regret the poor impression we have made. I am hoping that you can contact me at your earliest convenience that we may discuss the challenges that you encountered during your stay. We are constantly working on the quality and consistency of our services therefore any additional comments you would like to share with us on how to better serve you and all of our guests would be highly appreciated.

I look forward to speaking with you and being able to welcome you back to the Hilton Lac-Leamy in the near future.

Wayne

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We only stayed for one evening and were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were large and the bathroom was huge. Awesome shower and water pressure. The pool area was nice with several hot tubs. You can swim from the inside pool to the outside pool as they are heated. We dined at the Casino buffet, definitely not worth the money. Very limited selection and the food was not great. Next time we will have to try the hotel restaurant. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a convention and just loved my room! Having spent a few nights at the Hilton in Niagara Falls Ontario earlier in the year, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room was very similar to the one I'd had in Niagara Falls. The room was very large with a divinely comfortable king bed, large windows with a lovely water view. I loved the marble bathroom which had a huge shower and separate large soaking tub (which I never had time to use). There was a nice coffee/tea station with mini fridge which I really appreciated.

The lobby was beautiful with stunning Dale Chihuly glass artwork that I wish I had of taken a photo of - it as sooo beautiful! Front desk staff were friendly too and a bunch of us enjoyed a fantastic meal at L'Arome inside the hotel.

Would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

WE add so mush fun
food room service everything was excellent hotel fantastic plus the casino is connect to the hotel the pool was wonderful heated in side and out side so everyone go to the hotel lac leamy Quebec 2 minuit from centrel Ottawa .
The staff of hair excellence

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel had a promo going so the price of the rooms were affordable. Usually they are exceptionally high compared to other Hiltons - I guess because of the Casino. The hotel desk staff who attended us was great and we had an upgrade to a Deluxe Room. Very nice and very quiet. Thanks Dominique!!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at the presidential floors at the Hilton, where there are sweeping and most beautiful views of Ottawa and the hotel's impressive surroundings.
Dale Chihuly's stunning glass works welcome you upon entering the hotel, and there are some other interesting works of art, which give the hotel a majestic splendor.
Front desk team was wonderful and gave an excellent service although the hotel was completely full during our stay.
For some reason the hotel's policy is not to let children under 18 years of age to use the presidential lounge – so if your children are hungry you have to carry out food from the lounge. It's kind of weird and it's the first time that I've encountered such a strange policy.
Rooms are spacious and because of their floor to ceiling windows enjoy lots of natural light.
The breakfast buffet is very rich and there are lots of options to choose from.
Parking is free, which is a great plus.
When in Ottawa – I recommend to stay at the beautiful Hilton in Gatineau, across the river, and just 10 minutes' drive from Parliament Hill.

Room Tip: Stay on the Presidential floors in rooms facing Ottawa for marvellous views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family