“A wonderful stay”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We truly enjoy every visit to this gorgeous hotel.
The great staff ,the rooms,the executive lounge,the pool,the restaurants are all in an upscale category.
Special thanks to Mr.Valiquette ,from the concierge desk,and to Hélène,Alexandre,Frédérique,Phillippe et Guillaume for making our stay extra-special.
Hope to see you again soon,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice, unfortunately they are also associated with the spa. My husband and I went for spa treatments that we had received as gifts. The treatments themselves were so-so as we're the facilities.

The worst part is when we left the spa I received a phone call informing me that we had received some treatments that were "not included in out gift certificate packages and how would I like to pay for them?"
First off I only wanted what was included in my gift certificate having extra things added to my visit without having been asked or informed and then expecting me to pay for these services is very unprofessional. I work in a service industry and yes sometimes mistakes are made BUT we absorb those mistakes especially when they are no fault of the customers. No one should ever expect a client to pay for a service they did not even want or know was going to cost extra. Very poor customer relations.

Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank WeTravelz4Fun
819-790-6446, Front Office Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are sorry for the lack of service you experienced with our spa and hope you will reach out to our offices directly and allow us to correct the situation. We strive to provide the best complete hotel experience possible and we will use your comments as we constantly work towards this goal. We look forward to speaking to you and hope you will visit us again the next time you travel to our area.

Wayne
819-790-6444 x5537

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our family has stayed at the Hilton Lac-Leamy on numerous occasions since it opened in 2001, in fact our first stay was in its debut week when they were still removing plastic off some of the new furniture! When our initial room smelled like the previous occupant was a smoker (in a non-smoking room), the great staff put us in another room no problemo. Can't beat the heated pool when it's -18 outside, like this past weekend, with well-equipped work-out facility, and free parking to boot. Overall, a steamin' good time was had by all. Back home, my son fell asleep still wearing his ovrsized Hilton bath slippers...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is no doubt a gorgeous property. However, I never fell in love with the hotel.The lobby is beautiful. Rooms are gorgeous. The wood paneling in the hallways is beautiful. Was with my girlfriend for an anniversary celebration. Was given a very nice deluxe room and when I asked for a better HHonors Gold upgrade, I was given a Murphy suite. The bed was small, but the room was enormous and beautiful. However, there is a rather austere feeling to the decor of the hotel. Perhaps it's the dark colors.

Executive lounge on the 19th floor was gorgeous. Quality of the breakfast was nothing great at all. When I called downstairs and asked for coupons to eat at the restaurant, I was told that Gold members had to eat their breakfast in the executive lounge rather than the hotel restaurant. Both the restaurant and lounge were only open until 1030 on Sunday for breakfast. This seemed a little unreasonable, given that we were on holiday and trying to relax. One thing that stunned me was that children did not seem to be allowed in the lounge. Instead, both in the evening and at the breakfast, parents of the children were directed to a single table in the hallway of the executive lounge. I found this quite shocking. I was not travelling with my kids this time, but I love bringing my kids to lounges. That's part of the fun of traveling with them. To have to stick them in the hallway where there's only one table is not something I would opt for.

Exercise facility is stunningly beautiful. There is an outdoor heated pool and an indoor pool. Both are fantastic.

I know this is going to sound snobby, but one thing that really shocked me was the caliber of the people at the hotel and any executive lounge. They simply did not seem like the type of people you would see at a Hilton. Instead, they seemed like the kind of people that were there to gamble, since the casino is right next door.

All in all, I would not return to this hotel for a staycation. I would rather drive out to the Château Montebello and hang out there. But, this just might be a matter of personal taste. It is a beautiful property, but just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spgnut
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is my 3 time returning to this hotel and spa ...this time this was a treat from my husband for my best friend and I to have a girls weekend! We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights which was great...i booked us a 3hr spa package and added a 120 min massage for both us for the sat...we started off with our manicure that was supposed to be a 50 min classic manicure which lasted not even 25 min..then our pedicure was supposed to be a 50 min classic pedicure which lasted 25 min....no wonder they called this an express manicure and pedicure....it was terrible...I could have done it myself but the point was it was not what I had asked for nor what the package said it consist of,,, .they said they did a booking error....thats not our fault,,, this was my 3 time at the spa and I can honestly say that it has gone downhill! Our packages came up to 650 plus taxes and it is totally not the kimd of experinece when you are paying this kind of money I was so upset that It ruined our experience. The facial and massage was good though!! When you are expecting the true bliss of being in a spa and relaxation this is unexeptable...myself being in the beauty industry and having worked in high end spas, this is not a spa experience!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank princessgin
819-790-6446, Front Office Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your taking time to add your comments to Trip Advisor concerning your most recent stay with us at the Hilton Lac Leamy. We value your comments and suggestions, as they allow us to maintain, and improve upon our high standards of service.

One of our goals here at the Hilton Lac-Leamy is to ensure that every guest stay is 100% problem free and we strive to meet and exceed each and every guest’s expectations.
We are constantly working on the quality and consistency of our services therefore your comments are important to us and I would appreciate if you can contact me at your earliest convenience by phone at 819-790-6444 extension 5537 or by responding to this post.

Regards,

Wayne

Reviewed January 24, 2013

From the moment you walk through the doors of the lobby you feel like your in a 5-star vacation resort. Stunning decor and friendly staff await you. By far my favorite part of this magnificent hotel is the spa !! Courteous, caring staff are there to pamper you and make you feel oh so relaxed I honestly just wanted to stay at the spa. Great pool and hot tubs to soak away stress and mingle with other guests. A'Rome restaurant is fabulous from the breakfast buffet to a romantic dinner for two delicious !!! I cannot say enough about this place and with the casino and Theatre just steps away what more could you ask for on a vacation :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a wonderful night there. Oct 25th.Went to the restaurant Arome main dinning room.Was very good and very impressive for sure.Coffee, tea sugar and and cream was serve in silver .
Had not seen that in years.Food was good wine and ambiance. My son took me there for my Birthday. We had stayed at the hotel after.It was great .The bed was very comfortable . It was very clean . The shower and bathroom very nice. Management even went out of their way to send up chocolates. Would I go back at a flip of a dime!!!
P Lafleur