“Elegant and classy Hilton”
Review of Hilton Lac-Leamy

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This eleven year old Hilton hotel still looks brand new. The location with the lake surrounding the hotel and casino and on the other side of a nearby bridge, the capital of Canada; Ottawa, makes it quite unique and beautiful. Once passed the parking lot and you got a view of the lake, it felt like being in the countryside...but in a five star hotel. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The view on the lake and green forests from the room was very soothing and the orientation provided a beautiful sunset both nights. The spacious bathroom had a whirlpool bath as well as a great shower with a little bench with glass doors. Probably the biggest and most luxurious bathroom I have seen in a Canadian hotel room so far. The food and service at the restaurant were impeccable. Both at breakfast which we took, my five year old son and I, on the terrace every morning as well as dinner which offered one of the best meals I have had in a hotel in a long time. Both indoor and outdoor pools exceeded my son's standards and for myself, I really enjoyed the few minutes spent in the steam room and sauna. Everything was, dare I say it again, perfect. Worth every dollar.

I will surely return there again...sooner than later. Maybe next time I will catch a show or try my luck at the casino. I recommend this hotel to all travelers, families as well as business people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joey L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Everything is great at Hilton Lac-Leamy! The view, the rooms, the surroundings are very pleasant! It was the third time we went and the second time for a fireworks night. Absolutely magnificient to see the fireworks from the window of your room! A must do activity!

Make sure to reserve your room in May for a good spot on Saturdays in August. I think there is only 5 nights in total...

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A couple of days on business.
The hotel is elegant, high quality. I passed a very pleasant stay. The service is impeccable in every way. I recommend this hotel to all travelers.The lake view is breathtaking

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zara1213
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Hilton Lac Leamy was always a planned event and although had eaten here before and visited the Casino we had never stayed over. We saved for a 40th birthday weekend. Check in was fine, but the bell man who would not let us take our own bags, took 25 minutes to bring them up. The hotel was not busy and we were the only ones at the check in at the time.

The room was nice but getting old looking - 17th floor. The big tub for two was great, but the drain didn’t work and as such remained full for our visit. Nice place, needs an upgrade to charge those prices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Came with the family to cap our summer. Luckily we took advantage of the casino 2 for 1 deal and that sealed the deal for our 4th visit in 5 years. We had the 1 bedroom suite and it was great as usual and served my young family of 6 really well. For the kids the pool was great and got them to sleep pretty well. The great addition to their service is the free wi-fi which is unseen for this level of Hilton. Usually you'll have to pay at this kind of Hilton but it was more than a welcome addition. Maybe something they should do throughout. Wonderful stay and will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gojadego
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This Hilton is one of the best Hilton's I've ever been.
The room is very spacious so is the bathroom, the stuff is really friendly, the restaurant is very good and the view is superb.
Although I felt, when inside the room, that it looks a little bit older than it probably is, I can't say that's a problem.
I had a small problem in my breakfast (the flavor of my specific egg was terrible) and the server fixed really fast and didn't even charge me for my breakfast.
I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

One of Hilton's finest hotels.

I am a 10 year, Hilton Diamond Honours Member and have stayed at many Hilton hotels around the world. This is without question their best one.

Great service, exceptional rooms and the absolute best executive lounge on the 19th floor.

Hotel is more like a Four Season's Hotel in appearance and service.

Luxury spa, indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs (even in February and -25 degrees).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jjmontreal_12
Travelers also viewed these Gatineau hotels
Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino
Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa
Les Suites Victoria
Les Suites Victoria
#6 of 26 in Gatineau
Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa
Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa

Been to Hilton Lac-Leamy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hilton Lac-Leamy

Address: 3 Boulevard du Casino, Gatineau, Quebec J8Y 6X4, Canada
Location: Canada > Quebec > Outaouais Region > Gatineau
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in Gatineau
#1 Business Hotel in Gatineau
#1 Spa Hotel in Gatineau
Price Range: $190 - $310 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Hilton Lac-Leamy 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Lac-Leamy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Lac-Leamy Hotel Gatineau