“Nice hotel, disappointed by location”
Review of Hilton Lac-Leamy

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
British Columbia, Canada
“Nice hotel, disappointed by location”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was big and had very spacious rooms and original art throughout the hotel and conference facility which was nice to see. I had a nice view of the lake and Ottawa, from my room. I was in a simple room and the only thing that was disappointing were the beds. Though not so uncomfortable, they were small, insubstantial-feeling double beds and maybe a little soft for me.

Never checked out the casino, but they had a cigar lounge. Had I known I would have taken some with me.

The one thing that I didn't like was the location of the hotel. Fine conference facilities, but a taxi ride from any other shops and cafes or pubs. With so much to explore in Ottawa and Gatineau, I found that very disappointing.

If you are going for the casino, this could be the hotel for you. If you want to walk around Ottawa and Gatineau and you don't want to take taxis, something else might be more suited.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
Ottawa
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We celebrated our honeymoon there before going to the Caribbean and each year we return to celebrate our anniversary. All staff are always friendly and accommodating. The room service is quick and hot. The bell service is excellent that they even fill up your ice bucket when they are at your room. Nothing beats the year round outdoor heated pool, it is huge along with hot tubs outside. We get the casino package that includes the hot breakfast buffet, which is delicious.

Tidbit: if you want a good price on food, we would recommend that you stop at the cafe in the basement of the casino. Great meals at great prices too.

Room Tip: The deluxe is worth the extra cost compared to the standard room.
brockville
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night for a casino package we received as a gift. Parking was so convenient and the check in girl was very nice and helpful. The room was very big, exceptinally clean and had everything we needed (iron and ironing board, coffee maker and decent coffee) The hotel was connected to the casino by a corridor so we didn't even have to go outside in the cold to get to it. All of the staff was very informative and helpful when we had any quesions. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but we did at the Banco restaurant at the Casino. We had the buffet and it was a very good selection, we were very satisfied. The only thing about the dinner I disliked was that the White Russian I ordered was WAY to strong and I couldn't finish it. ( my husband said this isn't necessarily a bad thing!) We did eat at the Hilton restaurant called Arome in the morning for the breakfast buffet. It was fabulous. A huge selection of food from eggs benedict to yogurt with toppings. We would deffinitly go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ottawa
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel 7 or 8 times and we love it as a treat or special occasion. The staff has always been pleasant and we have never waited in line more than 5 minutes to check-in. We have stayed in both the regular hotel rooms, and on the executive floors which come with fantastic perks. They offer smoking and non-smoking floors, so be sure to request your preference when booking.

The regular rooms are spacious and the large bathroom is luxurious, marble, with a huge stand-up shower. The deep soaking tub is also a big plus. There is a desk and chair, and a sitting chair for comfort. The beds are comfy and the TV is a decent size.

The executive floors (top three) offer even larger rooms with the same beautiful bathroom facilities, plus a separate make-up table and mirror. The cost of the room also comes with complimentary hor d'oeuvres from 5-7 in a lounge specifically for the three executive floors. The lounge also has cookies and soda until 9pm, and a lovely breakfast in the morning. Complimentary internet access and a morning newspaper are a big bonus.

The views from any of the rooms are magnificent. All rooms come with bathrobes and slippers. The hotel is very well appointed, with cigar lounge, and pool/spa. There are many restaurants to choose from within the casino, including a buffet.

The one word of warning is that all of this luxury comes with a pricetag - this is not a cheap hotel to stay in. However, as the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for', and you will not be dissapointed with the Hilton Lac Leamy!

1 Thank DMD_Ottawa
Toronto
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Probably the best hotel in Gatineau. Rooms are spacious and very clean, with comfortable beds. Large bathroom with good amenities. The only negtive point is that, for a hotel with so many features, they charge for the wi-fi in the room! ($7.95/day) Most hotels of this quality provide free wi-fi.
Great indoor/outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. Food in the Arome restaurant is quite exceptional. Quality of room service meals is above average.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Check In:

Check in was quick. Less than 2 minutes. The only complaint is I was staying for a very special occasion & wrote to request a room on the highest floor. They did place us on floor 15, but there are 17 floors. I wrote a month in advance, I wish they had of honoured my request.

Food:

We ate a both the evening buffet ($70.00 for 2) & breakfast buffet ($55 for 2), both were good. I went expecting AMAZING food, but it was just good. I would still reccomend both.

Room:

Bathroom was amazing. Nicest washroom I've ever seen in a hotel. Marbel floors, spacious stand up shower .... the foyer was lovely too, with marbel floors. The room was okay. I didn't love the red carpets or outdated curtains. The bed was like a cloud though. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

Staff:

Minimal interaction with staff. Can't complain or comment.

POOL!:

The pool is what makes the 200 dollar a night room worth it. There is an out door pool open year round. The night we were there was warm(ish), but the pool is heated, 2 hot tubs, a low beautiful lgihting. It was very romantic. My partner and I loved it!

That's it really. Really lovely hotel my only complaint was that my month in advance request had of been honoured. Would recommend.

1 Thank Siobhan1983
Ontario
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Visited again on business and was again very impressed. The checkin took, maybe two minutes, and the young lady was willing to modify my suite right away for one on the Ottawa facing side...I settled for the Gatineau side as I had not been on this side of the building before.
The room was large and had lovely views of the surrounding area. The tub was most likely the largest single person tub that I had seen...I didn't try it as I thought it would take too long to fill.
The bed and sheets were super comfortable. The housekkeping service was quick and the night time turn down was always done prior to my returning to my room by 8:30. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for some place quiet and peaceful yet close to the action.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatineau
Byward Market Area
Andaz Ottawa Byward Market
Byward Market Area
The Westin Ottawa
The Westin Ottawa
#7 of 67 in Ottawa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,034 reviews

Been to Hilton Lac-Leamy? Share your experiences!