“Good food very poor service!”
Review of Coin de Maroc

Ranked #280 of 644 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Moroccan
Gatineau, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food very poor service!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of friend that meet once every couple of months and if we like the restaurant, we go to the same one a few time in a row. We thought we had found a good spot with this one but the lack of service at the end just made us re-think our option. They were so busy trying to throw us out of the place to close the restaurant that they didn't even asked us if we want ed coffee and dessert. Good food but poor service!!

Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Sooo good!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant is literally a hidden gem . The food is so good and home made. The ambience if the place is great . And even if you go to the buffet lunch the quality doesn't change . I recommend this restaurant to everybody. It will no let you down

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JulianaMac16
Gatineau, Canada
“Food so awesome service bad!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Its actually called, Le Coin du Maroc not De Maroc, This was my top #1 Marocan restaurant in the region of Ottawa-Gatineau, they are rare and the finesse of their food is above all Marocan restaurant I tried. BUT! Go only at lunch time the buffet is not expensive (around 12$) and you will have a feast, the food is delicious. BUT I went for a second time at night (I should have learned) and we were alone in the restaurant. What they don't tell you is that they close at 7:30 pm ishh. So when you reserve for 6:30pm and you get there they immediately make you feel (the owners) like you are not welcome at all. They were screaming in the kitchen that they did not want to be there and one of the owner kept rushing us. And at night its a la carte no buffet. I even dared to ask if I could have a coffee after gulping down the tagine because we were being stalked.. which was very good BUT he refused! it was 7:25! I was so insulted I barely did not want to pay. I never felt so unwanted in a restaurant. WHY couldn't they tell us they were closing early instead of taking my reservation.. we would have gone somewhere else. I am not going back its blacklisted for awful customer service. Which is too bad because the food is very good but if I am too pay I want to be able to sit down and relax not be rushed and looked at like I am disturbing. Anyhow you know now, if you go to Coin Du maroc go at lunch if not BEWARE of ruining your night!

• Visited October 2012
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Morrocan Lunch Buffet!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I were visiting Ottawa, and drove to Gatineau to see the Museum of Culture. While driving around, we spotted this restaurant, and decided to check it out. WHAT A TREAT. Very reasonable lunch buffet with a fantastic selection including lamb shanks, cous cous, chicken b'stilla, meatballs..and more!

They also had sweet, hot mint tea, and coffee. This was really a treat.

• Visited July 2011