“Always a pleasant atmosphere and a great meal!”
Review of Palais du Vietnam

Palais du Vietnam
Ranked #50 of 664 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Viet Nam stretches over a thousand miles from south to north along the south eastern coast of Asia. Its wide climate range and great variety of edibles have made possible the development of a unique array of recipes which have been refined, over the years, into a distinctive classic cuisine. At Palais du Vietnam Restaurant you will have a chance to discover it all.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've been here several times with big groups and small groups of friends but no matter how busy it is, I have always received fantastic and friendly service. The food is delicious and you really get your bang for your buck given the generous portion sizes. I would recommend the lunch specials as you get soup, a main entree and a spring roll (depending on the lunch special choice). I will be coming back here for years to come!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The food was fairly bland, I had expected it to be a little more spicy. The lunch menu was reasonably priced but the content of the menu was a little tame. I found the waiter to be a bit off hand but perhaps he wsa just having a bad day, the owner on the other hand was pleasant nd welcoming.The décor is nice and the parking availability was fantastic. I can't say that I will be rushing back as there are so many other really good Vietnamese restaurants in the Ottawa / Gatineau area.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was a Friday night. We waited ten minutes at the door. Finally the owner arrived and we finally got served. My knife was dirty -- crusted with food. It took 20 minutes for the waitress to come. It was obvious that they didn't have to capacity either in wait staff or in the kitchen to service the crowd. It took another 20 minutes for the food to come.

The wine list was overpriced for pedestrian plonk. It was $21 for a liter of screw cap special.

I ordered won top soup for an appetizer. It was incredibly salty. My partner ordered spring rolls. They were overcooked and just so-so.

The specials were all over $26 approaching $30 and they were simply not worth it. We ordered our plates at an average of $15 each. We were asked if we wanted rice or vermicelli or fried noodles. We both said vermicelli. They brought out a large plate of it for both us, before the food came. It was a cold, gelatinous mass.

Both plates came with the same brown sauce. It was way too salty. The food was underwhelming.

We didn't order alcohol because there wasn't anything worth ordering. Our meal came to $47 dollars for two entrees and two appetizers. It wasn't worth it. We won't be back

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Today my girlfriend and I went to this restaurant and ordered springrolls. They we're so delicious and crunchy with the fish sauce! and the soft rolls were good. You Should try the boeuf and lemon grass and hot chili and their noodle quang style! Not only that today the beer was 2 for 1 since it's theirs 10 years anniversary!!! and they have special everyday!

I would totally recommend you come come here.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate here on the basis of TripAdvisor ratings. We had one really good dish, the rice noodles with tumeric, but the other dish - rice noodles with shrimp, squid, and fish ball, was tasteless and soggy, and we never did find the fish ball. There was a large, loud, and fairly inebriated group one table over who certainly did not contribute to our overall experience.