“Don't go here...a rip off....beware!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Risotto Pasta & Grill
Ranked #308 of 639 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
ottawa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go here...a rip off....beware!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

The food was not up to our standards as the meat was tough, not what was stated on the menu and definitely overpriced for the quality.

I have eaten far better meals for less at certain pubs. I would recommend the The Glen which serves Scottish fare or perhaps Daly's at the Westin for a fantastic steak or curried chicken soup and some creme brulee. Very nicely done.

The restaurant is nice but it is a deception for the food.

Go elsewhere for a better meal. Don't waste your money here. Really!!

1 Thank laker a

Osgoode
“liars, thieves and cafeteria slop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Don't be fooled by the ambiance. The decor is lovely..classy and slick.
But the food is cafeteria grade sclarff.
I went to this hole and was served frozen fries with a sinuous, gray, over-cooked thing called a strip loin...
$40

my wife a lamb shank that was so salty it was inedible...the menu called for risotto for this dish...and guess what ....no risotto at a restaurant named Risotto???????
$40

My sister ordered filet mignon and got beef tenderloin...it was good but it was NOT filet!!!! $40

Lastly....the idiot I had for a waiter kept sticking his arsch in my face when attending the adjacent table. I mean real close and personal because the tables were jammed so close together. It was disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Thank mozha
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will never go back to the Risotto - worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I went to the Risotto in Gatineau last night (March 16). It cost me over $80 just for myself and over $150 for my sister, her husband and son. We only had one bottle of wine ($40) wich we shared the cost. The food was equivalent to cafeteria style. I don't mind paying for a quality meal but this was far from being quality and border line gross. For a lot less you can get 100 times better quality meals on Preston Street in Ottawa. I will never go back to that restaurant.

1 Thank Chantal F
Gatineau, Canada
“Worst place I've been in years”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I won't waste anybody's time. It cost me & my spouse $180 for the worst meal we've had in years. Service was ok but there are no words to describe how bad the food was. Knowing there are great little "bistro's" here and there and that for the same $$$ you get a real gastronomic experience, I felt like throwing my money in the sink at each bite ...

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank renatoboulanger
“Was expecting more...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Average at best. Service appeared indifferent, ingredients used in traditional italian recipes weren't authentic and one of our orders got messed up. The risotto was just OK... too dry for my liking. The steak and seafood were very good though and desert was nice. Overall, I would have to say this experience left me wanting and paying more than I thought was good value.

1 Thank SandroVerrelli