“I will never go back to the Risotto - worst experience ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Risotto Pasta & Grill
Ranked #307 of 639 Restaurants in Gatineau
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will never go back to the Risotto - worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I went to the Risotto in Gatineau last night (March 16). It cost me over $80 just for myself and over $150 for my sister, her husband and son. We only had one bottle of wine ($40) wich we shared the cost. The food was equivalent to cafeteria style. I don't mind paying for a quality meal but this was far from being quality and border line gross. For a lot less you can get 100 times better quality meals on Preston Street in Ottawa. I will never go back to that restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chantal F

Gatineau, Canada
“Worst place I've been in years”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I won't waste anybody's time. It cost me & my spouse $180 for the worst meal we've had in years. Service was ok but there are no words to describe how bad the food was. Knowing there are great little "bistro's" here and there and that for the same $$$ you get a real gastronomic experience, I felt like throwing my money in the sink at each bite ...

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank renatoboulanger
“Was expecting more...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Average at best. Service appeared indifferent, ingredients used in traditional italian recipes weren't authentic and one of our orders got messed up. The risotto was just OK... too dry for my liking. The steak and seafood were very good though and desert was nice. Overall, I would have to say this experience left me wanting and paying more than I thought was good value.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SandroVerrelli
Montreal, Canada
“depends what you want”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

breakfast was very basic but ok..lunch was good nothing extravagant..supper was the best by far in Ramada Plaza stayed 5 days

Visited October 2011