Where do i start!? We arrived at 4 pm for check in for reservations for 2 couples, 2 rooms side by side. Rooms were inconviently not side but side.......We asked to make reservations for dinner and we couldnt get in till 8 pm...... This is on valentines day so understandable!when we arrive for dinner we waited for 5 minutes to get seated .We were never offered drinks so we settled for the complimetry water.after about 8 or so minutes someone came with a basket of bread which was excellent....we then ordered our meals and were still not offered drinks.after waiting about an hour our meals arrived and i received a prime rib steak when i clealy ordered a rib cap grilled steak. Everyone else had their food but i had to send mine back! All i wanted was a good grilled steak..i dont know how they did it but it was ready about 10 minutes after the complaint!we then realized that we were never offered napkins which is mandatory with every meal! The first three bites of the steak were good till i hit the middles and it was blue.I was then furious considering i was eating my valentines day dinner when everyone else at my table was finished and also not impressed with the food!I showed the waitress my steak and she offered to take it back and throw it on the grill again.We then requested to speak with the manager who was very nice. We told him i was not paying for that portion of the meal and he agreed.We told him our other problems (drinks,napkins) and he decided to send us champagne on the house.He also told us that the escargots would be on them and that he was very sorry for the inconvenience.The bill then arrives and all of the things were on the bill.i guess they didnt communicate with the manager what we had agreed upon.they fixed it and i was then happy but hungry!THE BIEFTEQUE AT RAMADA IS HORRIBLE !!!!We then went back to our room and had a few drinks before the casino.When we got back we were just having drinks quietly watching the olympics when we heard loud bangs above us. About ten minutes later some one from the staff was at our door accusing us of being too loud!We were not impressed by this at all!not even sorry from them for the accusations,i believe they think we were lying to them.We then went to bed and put the DO NOT DISTURD SIGN ON THE DOOR ! At 8 am we were woken up by housekeeping knocking on our door! my girlfriend who is not a morning person got up and told her to go away in a nice way !we were now awake and decided to go for our complimentry breakfast, which was VERY surprisingly decent! After breakfast we went to the pool which is very tiny!we then went in the hot tub which was not hot!?I would rate this hotel a -1out of 5 if i could !PLEASE DONT GO THERE. If your experience is anything like mine it will haunt you for the rest of your life! Thanks for reading and good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Manoir du Casino, a very good place to beDirectly across from the Casino du Lac-Leamy & minutes from Canada's National Capital attractions. The hotel offers, 174 guestrooms/suites all equipped with a double air jet bathtub and an electrical fireplace. Enjoy the warm atmosphere of our new Italian Restaurant-Bar Risotto, pates et grillades. As a very professional and client oriented team, our goal is to use innovative ways of ensuring our client's complete satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Manoir Du Hotel Gatineau
- Ramada Gatineau
- Gatineau Ramada
- Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir Du Casino Quebec