“Excellent”

Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed he two weeks ago. A super clean hotel and great staff. Restaurant as good food and breakfast is just enough. With in walking distance of the casino and Super "C". Rooms have fireplace and large rooms
Robin

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side away from traffic noise if you want to open the window.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mellisman
Ramada-info, Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to welcome you again,
Kristine Landry,
Director Room Division

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino

Reviewed May 28, 2012

At check-in time, the employee told us that there was an error with our booking on Hotels.com, because it was written only one guest instead of two. I asked to make sure that there would be no change in room fee, and the employee answered that there would not be any extra charge. However, at check-out time, they announced us that there was an extra fee of 15$ for the night, because we had to pay for an extra breakfast! Seriously, we would have gone to the grocery store located in the same parking lot to grab something for breakfast instead, as the breakfast at the hotel was far from extraordinary. The manager was careless of us clients and even charged us an extra fee on the extra fee, which we would have paid if we didn't pay attention! Telling clients that there will be no charge and then ending charging even more than extra charge is definitely poor customer service... Although the room was nice and clean, there is no way we will return to this hotel, because customer service is really our priority when looking for a good hotel. If it is the same for you, don't stay at Ramada Plaza Manoir du Casino in Gatineau!!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank GoNordiquesGo

I'm sorry to read about the confusion upon check-in concerning your reservation, it is true that we charge extra for additionnal guest and that our rates are based on sigle or double occupancy, when you booked your room on hotel.com it was made for only one person. I'm sorry that the employe at the front desk did not inform you of this and if you could contact me to give me your arrive date I will make certain the that employe is informed of the situation. The tokens you received for the continental buffet style breakfast that is included, is based on the number of guest and the system will automatcaly add the extra 15$ per adult. Again I'm sorry that you were not informed of this at check in. I thank you for your comments has it will help us to improve in the future.
Director Room Division

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is fairly new and well maintained. Tucked away in a quiet area close to the casino. It is clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable. The breakfast is excellent.

Cet établissement est récent et bien maintenu. Dans un petit quartier non loin du casino. Hotel est propre, les chambres spacieuses, les lits comfortables. Le déjeuner est. excellent. J'y retournerai

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was excellent. Warm, welcoming staff, a shining facility, large beautiful rooms. They even include breakfast. It seems a bit out of the way in Gatineau but is really only ten minutes away from downtown Ottawa. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Ramada-info, Manager at Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I always share your comments your the staff, they really appreciate them!
Thanky you again and we look foarward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed May 6, 2012

One night stay, May 4, 2012. We were very satisfied. Wonderful reception and the best part ? Check-in is 4:00 p.m. but I had asked for an early arrival (needed some afternoon sleep before a concert) and they had the room ready for me at 1:00 p.m. at NO EXTRA fee. (Take note that they CANNOT guaranteee the early arrival will be ready so they reccommend that you call to see if your room is ready early. BREAKFAST is good, ROOM is clean, comfortable, PARKING is free and the parking area is huge. I bet it's always possible to have your vehicle directly in front of your bedroom window which is an appreciated little luxury. LOCATION :There is a liquor store at a few steps (litterally) from the hotel. And just as close by are a vietnamese restaurant, a hair salon, pedicure place and a Super C. The casino is across one light. We would return for sure. Oh and we paid 151$ all taxes included throught hotels.com for a room with 2 queen beds (Room 144). Tip : The higher the room number, the further from reception. It's a 2-storey but LONG building.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your expirience, I'm sure it will help other travelers in making their decision to visit our hotel. Our location, near the highway and in front of the casino, next to shoping, is one of our assest.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again to our region,
Happy travels,
Director , Room Division

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a spur of the moment booking as we wanted something close to Casino Lac-Leamy. The Ramada is an easy five minute walk to the casino but otherwise there's not much to do, eat or see in the area.

By chance we got an end room which was a little larger than the regular rooms. It was almost equal in size as some 4-star hotels I've stayed at in Bangkok. The extra space was taken up by a couch in the larger living space. The bed was one of the more comfortable beds that I've ever slept in at any hotel. The bathroom was also very nice with a larger than average tub and two sinks for the missus and I. I didn't try the free provided toiletry soaps and lotions. Given that the hotel is off the highway, there's really no view so any room wouldn't make a difference. Unlike some other reviews, I didn't hear any noise through the door or walls. The television includes the usual major Canadian French and English channels. No international channels like BBC World from what I remember.

I was given a complimentary buffet breakfast for my two night stay. The breakfast didn't have a wide selection, but given the smaller size of the hotel this was expected. I don't have anything bad to say about the food except that the coffee is a darker roast. The scrambled eggs were fluffy and not watery. There were also breakfast sausages and potatoes as well as fruit, cereal, muffins, breads and juice.

Again, there's really nothing much in the area. McDonald's is a five minute walk away and there's a Super C (or something like that) supermarket next door. The supermarket doesn't have any prepared meals so only go there to buy water or snacks. Downtown Ottawa is a five minute drive away.

I spoke English to the staff here but they're fully bilingual in French and English.

Nice hotel and I recommend it if you need to be in the local area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Let me of course thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It's always a pleasure for me to read, and get feedback. I always print them out for my staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again,
Krisitne Landry

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel has nice, spacious rooms but the doors are not sound-proofed and the hotel guests were noisy. The hotel is well located being a very short walk from the Casino Lac Leamy and a short drive/taxi ride to downtown Ottawa. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are large with gas fireplaces and a comfortable bed. The room and bathroom were very clean and well laid out. Unfortunately you can hear every person that talks in the hallway (and there were many during our visit) as well as the guests in the room with joining doors to ours. This made for a poor night's sleep. There is no in-room internet but there is a free terminal in the lobby. If you are coming to this hotel to gamble at the casino all night, it's probably perfect; if you're looking for a restful night's sleep, there are much better hotels nearby in downtown Ottawa.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comment and I'm happy your enjoyed our spacious rooms. I'm sorry to hear you did not have a rest full night, unfortunately we have no control on the level of noise our guest make while circulating in the corridors, we have employees making rounds during the night but they can't be everywhere at the same time. I will pass on your comments to the GM and we will be looking at ways to decrees the noise level. Has for in-room internet I'm assuming you are referring to internet access on the TV, that, we don't have, but we do offer free wireless high speed internet throughout the hotel.
Again thank you for your comments,
have a great day,