“Fridge? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Fridge!”

Comfort Inn Gatineau
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Gatineau
Vermont
“Fridge? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Fridge!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

As way of a disclaimer, my reservation here was made the same day I checked in. As Comfort Inns can be somewhat chancy, depending on where you are, I asked the desk clerk for the best non-smoking room they had for my three-night sojourn. He offered their 'executive' room at a 25-30 dollar premium, telling me he had only one more available. It was to include a refrigerator and upgraded furnishings (a desk).
The second floor room was actually no different from most any other CI room I have stayed in in the past; clean, neat, small TV, cheap but adequate towels and the 'chic' new bowed shower rods that allow the new 'fat reality' to fit in the shower. However, where the fridge had been were, what appeared to be, four mini crop circles where a fridge had once stood. I was downcast; my sandwiches, salads and water were facing a uncertain future. The desk clerk told me the fridge had been 'taken'. 'By the police?', I wondered. I then asked him, 'then what made this an executive room?' I think he understood my point, and offered my $20 off the executive room rate. Anyway, it turned out that my food was saved by a bag of ice. And the executive table? It's the same as in all their rooms, just turned in a different direction.
As mentioned, the room was clean, the wireless internet was free and reliable and the cleaning crew were polite and attentive. It's in a decent location, with the community's walking/bike path just beyond the large expanse of lawn out front. And, there is plenty of shopping and dining within a mile of the joint. I'll likely return because, on a business per- diem budget, it's not too bad a deal for the Ottawa/Gatineau region.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank J K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2008

I tried calling the hotel to block of rooms for our wedding guests. The woman I spoke to was rude, not helpful, and seemed to have more important things to do than talk to me on the phone.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Carolin H

Travelers are raving about these Gatineau hotels