“Staying was a pleasure”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, Canada
“Staying was a pleasure”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and found the customer service exceptional, I was asked if I didn't like the view or was something on the room that was no to my standards to call and they will change my room. Besides this good start the hotel is close to Ottawa's main amenities right across the Museum of Civilization which is one of the best I have visited. I definitely go back to the hotel when I go to Ottawa again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Our team is very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are thrilled that you were able to explore the local area and enjoy our proximity to the area's best museums. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend getaway using our SPG points. This hotel is located right across from the Museum, which is convenient and a quick drive across the bridge to downtown Ottawa. Rooms were clean and the only issue we had was our room was located by the elevators, which resulted in loud noises that would awaken us time to time. I'm not one to complain, but the maintenance crew found it right away and tried to fix it. The hotel lobby staff were one of the most pleasant and friendliest group I've ever encountered. We will definately be back to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you kindly for taking a moment to share you recent experience with us. Our team is happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for bringing the elevator to our attention and giving us the opportunity to fix it. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Take care!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We've stayed at the 4 points several times, including a New Years Eve a few years back. Great location and very smooth service. I was surprised that my room this visit didn't have a refrigerator in it; otherwise we enjoyed ourselves in the room. Clean and everything worked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located across from the Canadian Museum of Civilization and only a few minutes away from Ottawa's ByWard Market. It has a nice attractive lobby and the rooms are modern and comfortable. I was very disappointed though with the service at the hotel restaurant, L'Ardoise: on a Wednesday evening they had two groups and staff were overwhelmed. I was told there was a 45-minute wait even though I only wanted appetizers. So I left! Good thing there's an amazing thai restaurant 2 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was caught and had not made a booking. I went to Booking.com and looked at the price. I looked at the hotel rate..it was a few dollars more. I decided to go in person. It was late (10PM). The clerk gave me a discount and then said that parking was $15 for 24 hrs. I had just come from Pittsburgh the month previous and they charged $20 a day so this was reasonable. When I asked the clerk if there was any discount given the time he just looked at me and said "no charge". I was so thankful. When you are retired, you are not looking for hand-outs, but when you get a sympathetic ear, you are grateful. Thank you for being there Four Points. I will return.

Room Tip: I was in room 621 and it looks over the parking lot. This is good as it provides that inner peace wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Our team sincerely thanks you for taking the time to share your positive experience. Traveling in the evening can certainly be exhausting, but we are happy that we could accommodate you. We wish your safe travels and hope to see you again. Take care!
Montreal
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Four Points Gatineau for long and frequent periods for work purposes and I really appreciated the service. Rooms are comfortable, the staff is friendly, cooperative and extremely helpful. Service with a smile!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on corners are nicer and bigger!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fremont
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Points by mistake while on a business trip. I had asked our travel department to book me in the "Sheraton in Ottawa" and I wond up in the Four Points. Overall it was mistake that worked out well. The Four Points is only about 10 minutes by cab from the Sheraton in downtown Ottawa and the nightly rate is half.

The room was clean and roomy as one would expect from a Four Points. The in-room WiFi performance was good and the morning breakfast was very good.

I especially liked the location as the hotel is right across the street from the Canadian Museum of Civilization. The museum is right on the Ottawa River and it is almost directly opposite Parliament. As such, the view is outstanding.

All in all, I like this hotel and would stay here again the next time I am in "Ottawa."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels. We are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. If your travels bring you to the area in the future, we would love to see you again!