“One of the best locations in Gatineau - Ottawa!”

Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed almost 100 nights at this hotel over the past 5 years! Rooms were recently renovated! Staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant serves good food and is pleasant. Just across the river from downtown Ottawa.. just a 15 - 20 minute walk to the market and the Parliament. The Musée des civilisations is right ccross the street. Typically better priced than downtown Ottawa. The only issue I have is the ventilation system is a bit noisy. Ask for a room on the higher floors with a view on Ottawa!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Elise C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I am very pleased that we make you feel comfortable and that you have chosen our hotel has your favorite location in the area! Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went for a business trip on Parliament Hill and we ended up staying out in Gatineau because it was so last minute. Were originally concerned that we would be really far away from Ottawa proper but it was no problem at all. Its a 10 minute cab ride and a really nice walk over the bridge in the sunshine.

Staff was super helpful and their English was totally ok. Don't know what the other reviewers were talking about. Sometimes the accents were thick which I can understand might be difficult for some people. Was actually addressed in French first at the restaurant downstairs (super yummy) a few times which wasn't a problem a huge problem for me because I know enough French but for my colleague they switched immediately to English.

There was something weird going on with the elevators though. They'd randomly stop at floors that weren't selected and sometimes skip the floor you selected. Not sure what was happening there.

Bed was decently comfy and the bathroom while outdated and dark wasn't bad.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Elise C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your review!
I am very glad that you had a good stay.
All our employees are fully bilingual and very happy to serve you in the language of your choice.
Thank you for mentioning an issue with the elevators, I will investigate and get it fixed.
I hope we will you again on your next business trip.
Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

property situated in a good location, good service from the staff and affordable prices. located opposite the museum in Gatineau. only short distances driving or can walk to get to the parliament building
a good choice if we go on vacation to the capital.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AlbertSiauw
Elise C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit. Our location is really in the middle of all the Ottawa and Gatineau major attractions and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will welcome you again soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is very good and has new furniture, good and confortable rooms, nice bathroom and shower. It is just across the street from the Civilization Museum, what is quite convenient. We could easily walk from there to the Rideau Mall, Parliament and Byward Market (it is not close, but in summertime it is a nice walk). If you plan to go to Ottawa during winter of for business, it can be more convenient to saty in a more central hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been at Four Points Gatineau at the beginning of August for a business travel. The hotel is very nice. Clean and confortable room.

Hotel is just across a big museum.

The only bad things about this hotel are the 14$ fee for the parking and that no free breakfast is available.

Also the indoor parking is not adapted to large vehicles but outdoor parking is available at the same cost (14$ too).

I will definitively go back to this hotel during my next trip to Gatineau.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review about your visit at our hotel.
It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is so well placed for tourism, business and restaurants. We walked everywhere. We bought a Van Gogh package which included parking and the very abundant hot breakfast buffet. The staff were super pleasant and accommodating. We had to check out of the room at noon but could leave our bags at the desk and car in the parking until 5:00 pm.

Our corner room was large with 2 big windows and a nice view of the Museum of Civilization. We had a walk-in shower, large vanity and the shampoo was very good quality.

I do agree with the previous comments about the pillows - much too soft. the bed on the other hand was wonderful.

Only one real complaint and this was that the Wifi access seemed painfully slow. I am glad I was there for pleasure because I could not have accomplished much work had I needed to. I thought it might be my laptop but I verified at home and it was fine.

Unfortunately there was so much to do about town we never got to use the pool.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel and the Ottawa Tourism packages.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review!
Please note that we have upgraded our WIFI efficiency since your last visit and that we also have different pillows available for your comfort upon request. We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We chose the Four Points simply because it afforded us the best price for our Ottawa getaway - and we got a stellar deal through an online site at about $200 cheaper than the cheapest downtown Ottawa hotel we could find. If you're on a budget and price is the number one factor for your stay, then I would absolutely book this hotel.

Parking is $14/day with in and out privileges. You can choose to park outside or underground, although we were told underground parking is tight for larger vehicles.

That said.....

We didn't have a fantastic view but then we didn't plan to be in our room a lot so it wasn't an issue for us. I think you can request views of Parliament Hill but they might cost more.

The beds were comfortable, although double beds take some getting used to. Pillows are VERY soft. Plan to bring your own if you need something firmer.

The room was small but very clean and updated - and the bathroom was new and very clean. Bathroom is REALLY small though and there are not a lot of places to put your toiletries, especially if you are a family (or have more than two people in the room). We had a few things fall into the toilet! Ugh!

There was no dresser in our room, which surprised us a little. Instead there were six bins for clothes. A little weird and took some getting used to, but not a big deal. Just odd.

Hotel staff were friendly and were happy to speak to us in English. They gave us a map of the area and marked off some places to see and eat.

Our biggest disappointment with the Four Points was definitely the pool. It's small, dark and in a dungeon-like room - even the kids didn't want to spend any time there. By far it was the worst pool of any hotel I've stayed at. We were really hoping to spend some time by the pool but that didn't happen. If you don't need the pool then you'll be fine.

Four Points is right across from the Museum of Civilization and a short walk across the Alexandra Bridge to downtown Ottawa (plan on 20-25 minutes to get to Parliament Hill, the Rideau Centre or Byward Market), and everything will be a walk if you're looking to take in the sights. There are no restaurants close by the hotel.

If you're coming on vacation as a couple and love to walk and don't mind the daily trek across the bridge, then this hotel is perfect. If you bring your bikes then it's even more ideal (or you can rent them just a few steps from the hotel).

For families with kids looking to take in all the sights of downtown Ottawa, keep looking!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family