$186
$163
Doubletree.com
Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$96
$106
$288
$204
Priceline
All reviewsacross the streetbyward marketcanadian historycorner roomparliament hillrideau canalcivilization museumnice hotelexcellent locationnice walkfront desk staffquiet roombreakfast buffetjacques cartier parkthe air conditioningnational galleryunderground parking
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been at Four Points Gatineau at the beginning of August for a business travel. The hotel is very nice. Clean and confortable room.

Hotel is just across a big museum.

The only bad things about this hotel are the 14$ fee for the parking and that no free breakfast is available.

Also the indoor parking is not adapted to large vehicles but outdoor parking is available at the same cost (14$ too).

I will definitively go back to this hotel during my next trip to Gatineau.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Elise C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your review about your visit at our hotel.
It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is so well placed for tourism, business and restaurants. We walked everywhere. We bought a Van Gogh package which included parking and the very abundant hot breakfast buffet. The staff were super pleasant and accommodating. We had to check out of the room at noon but could leave our bags at the desk and car in the parking until 5:00 pm.

Our corner room was large with 2 big windows and a nice view of the Museum of Civilization. We had a walk-in shower, large vanity and the shampoo was very good quality.

I do agree with the previous comments about the pillows - much too soft. the bed on the other hand was wonderful.

Only one real complaint and this was that the Wifi access seemed painfully slow. I am glad I was there for pleasure because I could not have accomplished much work had I needed to. I thought it might be my laptop but I verified at home and it was fine.

Unfortunately there was so much to do about town we never got to use the pool.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel and the Ottawa Tourism packages.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review!
Please note that we have upgraded our WIFI efficiency since your last visit and that we also have different pillows available for your comfort upon request. We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We chose the Four Points simply because it afforded us the best price for our Ottawa getaway - and we got a stellar deal through an online site at about $200 cheaper than the cheapest downtown Ottawa hotel we could find. If you're on a budget and price is the number one factor for your stay, then I would absolutely book this hotel.

Parking is $14/day with in and out privileges. You can choose to park outside or underground, although we were told underground parking is tight for larger vehicles.

That said.....

We didn't have a fantastic view but then we didn't plan to be in our room a lot so it wasn't an issue for us. I think you can request views of Parliament Hill but they might cost more.

The beds were comfortable, although double beds take some getting used to. Pillows are VERY soft. Plan to bring your own if you need something firmer.

The room was small but very clean and updated - and the bathroom was new and very clean. Bathroom is REALLY small though and there are not a lot of places to put your toiletries, especially if you are a family (or have more than two people in the room). We had a few things fall into the toilet! Ugh!

There was no dresser in our room, which surprised us a little. Instead there were six bins for clothes. A little weird and took some getting used to, but not a big deal. Just odd.

Hotel staff were friendly and were happy to speak to us in English. They gave us a map of the area and marked off some places to see and eat.

Our biggest disappointment with the Four Points was definitely the pool. It's small, dark and in a dungeon-like room - even the kids didn't want to spend any time there. By far it was the worst pool of any hotel I've stayed at. We were really hoping to spend some time by the pool but that didn't happen. If you don't need the pool then you'll be fine.

Four Points is right across from the Museum of Civilization and a short walk across the Alexandra Bridge to downtown Ottawa (plan on 20-25 minutes to get to Parliament Hill, the Rideau Centre or Byward Market), and everything will be a walk if you're looking to take in the sights. There are no restaurants close by the hotel.

If you're coming on vacation as a couple and love to walk and don't mind the daily trek across the bridge, then this hotel is perfect. If you bring your bikes then it's even more ideal (or you can rent them just a few steps from the hotel).

For families with kids looking to take in all the sights of downtown Ottawa, keep looking!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank soccermamma
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I just spent two nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were able to book a well-priced package with Ottawa Tourism and felt we had certainly booked into a lovely place. Some things we really appreciated: the terrific staff - friendly, always helpful and informative (with tips about both Ottawa and Gatineau, maps, extra coffee for my husband, and getting our bikes in and out of the storage room in the garage at all hours!); the wonderful location, directly across from the Museum of Civilization, only a few minutes bike ride from the National Art Gallery and Byward Market areas, as well as Jacques-Cartier Park for jogging; the access to Gatineau Park and the many bike paths throughout Gatineau and Ottawa; the Globe and Mail delivery each day - great! the wonderful view (and yes, there are blinds or full width blackout curtains on all of the windows - we didn't find these at first, but asked and then on closer inspection saw where to close these); spacious, clean, bright room ....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank P H
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed for one night for a business trip. Because I have a SPG card, I was placed in a Preferred guest room. The room was very nice and large, with a comfortable bed. However, it was right next to the ice machine which was rather noisy as other guests kept on using it during the night.
The window was in the corner of the building so it gave me a panoramic view of the Civilization Museum across the street and what a view it is!!! Unfortunately, that large window, although had curtains, did not block out the sunlight in the morning.
Good service, nice hotel, great view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machines
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business