All reviews across the street byward market canadian museum of history corner room parliament hill rideau canal nice hotel excellent location nice walk the river front desk staff breakfast buffet quiet room jacques cartier park national gallery the air conditioning underground parking
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Well located, close to the Museum, and easy access to Ottawa. Well-decorated room in a contemporary style. Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Very small closet, weirdly organized. Good size bathroom - no bath tub but great size shower. Well equipped if you need to work from your room (as I did). Underground garage is small and access is difficult. Food at the hotel restaurant was very good at lunch time. Service was excellent. Staff was attentive to our needs and willing to go the extra mile.

Room Tip: Go to Laval street (about 7-10 minute walk) and try the Fleur de sel restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

A hotel that gives a pretty good first impression; sleek and modern lobby, with well equipped facilities. It offers pretty much all the services you would expect it to, and the staff is helpful. The room was of reasonable size, and everything was very clean.

However, we found it to be a bit pricey, and some of the little touches that make an hotel extra special weren't there. But if you're looking for a good location and some good rooms, this is a good hotel.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel's restaurant for a nice coffee though, we found it to be very expensive for bad coffee. We didn't try the food, because once again it was quite expensive; we prefered walking to Laval Street, where there were a few good and well priced restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a room ending with 15 if you can. Higher up the better, views-wise!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Four Points is conveniently located across the road from the wonderful Museum of Civilization. If you enjoy walking, it is a short walk to Jacques Cartier Park, and across the bridge to the Byward Market / National Art Gallery in Ottawa. Rooms are well decorated and normal amenities like wifi are available. Buffet breakfast is expensive but you can order off of the menu.

Service is top notch.

Room Tip: A room looking over the Museum of Civilization is best
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2012

When we were checking out, the lady at the desk insisted a rate that was not ours. I asked her repeatedly to double check as I know it was not the rate we had booked under. She kept on emphasizing that her rate was right (we booked 3 rooms, there was a +$200). I had to pull out my laptop to show her the email, so I can prove myself. She finally went back to the office, and changed her insisted rate to the rate that was in my email.
After I left the hotel, I remember that I had forgotten my silk grey blouse and navy pants in the room. They were laid flat on a small bench, blouse laid over the pant. When I called the hotel enroute back home, the front desk said there they have the pants, no blouse. I explained to them that "if you can find my pants, you can find my top. It was on top of the pants." Her response was "I don't know what you are talking about. I am going to hang up." I told her if she wants to hang up on me, she can transfer me to the room service MANAGER.
Laurian came on the line, and I repeated about my loss. She replied there is only the pants. I told her the blouse was on top of my pants, it should be there. She said that my roommate must have packed it in her luggage. I said no. She repeated & implied my roommate again and again. Finally, I told her (I don't need to) that my roommate is my sister. Laurian paused. She told me to call on Monday to talk to the MANAGER.
It perplexed me the inconsistency and lack of communication in the hotel. Why would Laurian not check with her colleague about my inquiry? Furthermore, she implied confidently that my "roommate" which is my sister took my blouse?? My experience only speaks of the non-existent teamwork necessary to have good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AllianceTour
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Room was spacious, clean and the bed sheets excellent. I signed up with jaunt.ca and found that it was a good deal compared to the other hotels in Ottawa. A nice walk over the bridge to the Parliament buildings. Staff friendly. However, our room only had a shower and no bath. When I asked if I could have a room with a bath, they said it was only for the rooms with 2 beds. I would have liked to have known that when making the reservation.

Room Tip: ask if your room has a bath or shower.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple