$122
$106
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$95
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Motel Adam(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$231
$163
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

All reviewsacross the streetbyward marketcanadian historycorner roomparliament hillrideau canalcivilization museumnice hotelexcellent locationnice walkfront desk staffquiet roombreakfast buffetjacques cartier parkthe air conditioningnational galleryunderground parking
Reviewed May 27, 2012

When we were checking out, the lady at the desk insisted a rate that was not ours. I asked her repeatedly to double check as I know it was not the rate we had booked under. She kept on emphasizing that her rate was right (we booked 3 rooms, there was a +$200). I had to pull out my laptop to show her the email, so I can prove myself. She finally went back to the office, and changed her insisted rate to the rate that was in my email.
After I left the hotel, I remember that I had forgotten my silk grey blouse and navy pants in the room. They were laid flat on a small bench, blouse laid over the pant. When I called the hotel enroute back home, the front desk said there they have the pants, no blouse. I explained to them that "if you can find my pants, you can find my top. It was on top of the pants." Her response was "I don't know what you are talking about. I am going to hang up." I told her if she wants to hang up on me, she can transfer me to the room service MANAGER.
Laurian came on the line, and I repeated about my loss. She replied there is only the pants. I told her the blouse was on top of my pants, it should be there. She said that my roommate must have packed it in her luggage. I said no. She repeated & implied my roommate again and again. Finally, I told her (I don't need to) that my roommate is my sister. Laurian paused. She told me to call on Monday to talk to the MANAGER.
It perplexed me the inconsistency and lack of communication in the hotel. Why would Laurian not check with her colleague about my inquiry? Furthermore, she implied confidently that my "roommate" which is my sister took my blouse?? My experience only speaks of the non-existent teamwork necessary to have good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AllianceTour
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Room was spacious, clean and the bed sheets excellent. I signed up with jaunt.ca and found that it was a good deal compared to the other hotels in Ottawa. A nice walk over the bridge to the Parliament buildings. Staff friendly. However, our room only had a shower and no bath. When I asked if I could have a room with a bath, they said it was only for the rooms with 2 beds. I would have liked to have known that when making the reservation.

Room Tip: ask if your room has a bath or shower.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MalaikaLynn
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed for a couple nights in March, room was very clean, quiet and modern. Good location, across the street from the Muesum of Civilization. Breakfast buffet was great. Staff was excellent and very polite and professional.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Had an amazing night sleep. Bathrooms are standard but not really lacking anything, just nothing special.

The staff are all very polite and helpful. The women who serves in the lounge was really helpful. Loved her recommendation for the Onion rings. They were the best I have ever had!

The Hotel is a lot cheaper than hotels 5 minutes away in Ottawa and its nice to be over in Gatineau. The views from the Hotel are great of the river and the Parliament Buildings. Sunrise and Sunset are really nice.

You need to be on a high floor to get a view though. I recommend trying to get something at least on the 6th floor or higher. The best room would be a 15 (e.g. Floor number then 15 such as 615). It would have the greatest view of the river and Parliament. Next best would be 16, 11, 09 in that order.

Hotel is also well located for the Museum across the street.

Would recommend if for sure!

Room Tip: The 9th floor would have the best view. Try and get room 915 or 916. Next best rooms would be 911 or 909. You need to be at least on the 5th or 6th floor to have any view. Lower floors and lower number rooms would not have much of a view. Also try the Onion rings in the bar. They are outstanding!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob P
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed for one night. I may have been upgarded to a larger room, since I was quite surpised about the size. In keeping with true Starwood tradition, the layout was clean, modern, and comfortable. The quality of the bed and linens was excellent.

I found Ottawa to be a bit expensive for hotels. This hotel was amongst the better rates I found, and have experienced far worse quality from other hotels in the regions. Location was excellent if you are working downtown.

As others have said, the breakfast is a bit on the pricey side, and there is only one person on staff busily trying to keep up with everyone. As a result, service can be slow. If you are heading out for business, you will need to budget an extra 10 minutes here.

I very much appreciated the disposable cups in the room. My experience with the past two Fairmont stays proved to me that there is no mechanism to wash cups adequately.

Again, clean and comfortable in a good location.

Room Tip: SPG floor has card-access only.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business