$122
$106
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$116
$94
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$76
$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Motel Adam(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$133
$80
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$254
$179
Priceline
All reviewsacross the streetbyward marketcanadian historycorner roomparliament hillrideau canalcivilization museumnice hotelexcellent locationnice walkfront desk staffquiet roombreakfast buffetjacques cartier parkthe air conditioningnational galleryunderground parking
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed for one night. I may have been upgarded to a larger room, since I was quite surpised about the size. In keeping with true Starwood tradition, the layout was clean, modern, and comfortable. The quality of the bed and linens was excellent.

I found Ottawa to be a bit expensive for hotels. This hotel was amongst the better rates I found, and have experienced far worse quality from other hotels in the regions. Location was excellent if you are working downtown.

As others have said, the breakfast is a bit on the pricey side, and there is only one person on staff busily trying to keep up with everyone. As a result, service can be slow. If you are heading out for business, you will need to budget an extra 10 minutes here.

I very much appreciated the disposable cups in the room. My experience with the past two Fairmont stays proved to me that there is no mechanism to wash cups adequately.

Again, clean and comfortable in a good location.

Room Tip: SPG floor has card-access only.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel with my family of three boys for a night. The hotel is well-appointed, clean, and the staff was friendly. The pool hours were inconvenient, so we didn't end up using it. There was a problem in the room with a shakey toilet (it moved when you sat down on it), and my complaints were heard and I was provided with some Starwood points and an apology from the manager. The location of the hotel is good-- a short walk to the Canadian Museum of Civilization and Jacques Cartier Park on the river, where there is a great view of Parliament Hill. For the kids, there is a McDonald's a few blocks away, where we walked for breakfast in the morning. The hotel restaurant was a bit pricey for a cheap family meal.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Managment_9, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you again for proving us with your feedback after your stay with us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at the Four Points Gatineau-Ottawa on your next family getaway!

Elise Côté
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 4 nights in February 2012. Our rooms, on the 7th floor, were clean and looked to have been recently updated. The location was great for us - across the street from the Museum of Civilization and one block from Jacques Cartier Park, where there were Winterlude activites. We like to walk so walking across the bridge to Ottawa did not bother us. While breakfast in the hotel was pricey, we found a cafe at the Museum of Civilization (w/ great view of Parliment) that was open for breakfast - no museum admission needed to access the cafe. Also, one block down the street from the hotel was a business center with a food court with lots of breakfast options, including a market with made-to-order breakfast sandwiches, yogurt and fruit. My only complaint would be that there was no complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, your comments are important. We are pleased you took full advantage of our location and that your family enjoyed their stay and the area. New kid friendly a la carte breakfast menu are available in our restaurant. During your next visit, I encourage you to take advantage of the convenience of our lobby pantry. Fresh coffee service is served from 5am to 8am daily in our lobby in addition to free in room coffee. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Have a great day.
Sylvie Stothart

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've been to this hotel couple times in the past years and liked it. The service is very nice and the location perfect for me. Rencently I stayed in room with recent updates. The main one is the bathroom. They remove the bath to put a shower only, not too bad idea but the shower setup feel cheap. Also the new toilet is right next to the door and shower so it's harder to use. I would never accept this layout in my own house. It look like they picked the cheapest contractor and nobody checked the job before and after. Desapointing for the Sheraton name. Also there is disposable plastic cups in the bathroom that's also cheap!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank CdnTravelFan
Managment_9, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled that you enjoy our service and location!

I’m sorry the new Four Points bathroom is not entirely to your liking. The decision to include showers in our bathrooms has been based on Starwood customer research and the finishes used are the chosen for their durability and ease of sanitizing and maintenance in a commercial setting. Showers are available in all our King rooms while bathtubs are available in our double rooms.

In regards to the plastic cups, the choice to use these in hotel rooms has been made by many hoteliers in response to guests’ concerns and preferences. Should you prefer real glasses, please let us know and it will be our pleasure to supply them for you. Thank you again for your comments.

Julie Bélanger

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here for a week-long conference at the attached conference centre. The room was clean and comfortable and recently renovated. The closet space leaves a bit to be desired though. As far as location goes, it is right across from the museum of civilization however there are very few restaurants and no stores within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011