Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Not a great experience here. While the staff are very attentive, I found the Starwood Priority room provided to us to be awful. First, the AC did not work and the room stayed at a constant 25C even after we asked for the unit to be checked. As we headed out for an evening business dinner, we were assured that it would be. On our return after midnight, not only was the room temperature the same, but the unit was making a god awful noise. My wife and I were so tired that we could not stomach the thought of packing up and moving to another room.

While this hotel is very near the beautiful Canadian Museum of Civilisation, I would be sure to check your room before unpacking.

Room Tip: Check the room before heading out or unpacking.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thank you for posting a review with respect to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I would like to investigate this further if you could please contact us with your name, dates of your stay and your room number.
Thank you again for your valuable comments. Both positive and negative mentioned are important to us and help us improve our service levels.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Positive points first: Yes the staff is very hospitable and will bend over backwards at your service. Of course AC is off during off season... like most hotels, but works ok during the 'permitted season'. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfy to my taste. Ronovations are nice...but:....
points to improve: restaurant menu could be alot better! I was very,, VERY disapointed in the meals. Having been to other Four Points restaurant, mainly the unbeatable Four Points Dijon Restaurant in Quebec City, I was baffled by the lack of refinement of the meal here in Gatineau (very disapointing considering the region we're in...): overpowered with pepper filet steak, way to much thyme in the rice and not to mention no mash patatoes available...( I guess I have been spoiled at the Dijon with there variety of vegetable pure and very delicate presentation and variety of vegetables...),and what about just the traditionnal Crème Brulé (the chef is trying to hard with the 3 flavors : maple syrup, baileys, and what ever the 3rd one is....)??. Not to mention...NO soup available re: not in season??? what if it's cold and you are just feeling under the weather, forced to be awa y from home weeks at a time and just feel like having a homy soup to cheer you up? OK enough negative feedback....won't mention the foolish parking as it's 'handcap low parking ticket dispenser' and way too low ceilings.....$12 buck a night for that????seriously....

As I mentionned the staff will bend over backard to make your stay all the better....Thank You Staff!!! But please fix the AC in the restaurant!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in our food and beverage offering. We have receiving nothing but excellent comments from clients since the opening of our new restaurant and encourage you to experience us again while communicating any concerns you may have with your server to ensure satisfaction. Your comments are apprecaited and valued. Please contact me directly to discuss this further at 819-503-8142. In the mean time, your comments will serve to improve our service and offering. Thank you.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Despite booking a deluxe room, I was given a room with a sofa bed. They mentioned this when I was checking in late, but I figured they meant that there would be a 'real' bed and a sofa bed. I was travelling by myself, so I didn't care about the second bed, When I got to my room, it was obvious that I had been given the living room part of a suite. The hotel was sold out and there were no other rooms in the city available, so looks like they were trying to squeeze people in wherever they could. Really though? A sofa bed? I could have slept on my friend's couch and saved my company $132 a night!

By the way...They still haven't fixed the AC and my room's thermostat also read 16 degrees, but felt more like a sauna.

If I'd been given a 'regular' room and the AC worked, I probably would have really liked the hotel cause it was clean, well-maintained and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post a review. I apologize you did not receive the room type you requested and understand that during a sold out postion the hotel has little options available in such situations. I would encourage you to contact me directly to gather more information about your stay so I may investigate further. Thank you again for your time.
T: 819-503-8142

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holidays. The room was newly renovated. The prices paid for the stay was reasonable.

However, the temperature control system in the room was not working properly. My room was incredibly warm, and despite of cranking the system to 16 degrees, the room temperature just does not go down (not to mention that the fan was very noisy as hell). The windows were non-opening - otherwise, just simply opening up the window would have done it.

Even with several complaints to the front desk, they indicated that there is nothing they can do to cool down the room. By the way, the hotel internet also was not working during the entire stay.

I have stayed at this property many times, and this is definitely not one worth remembering.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and taking the time to post a review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Please contact me directly so I may investigate this further. Your assistance would be appreciated. Thank you again and enjoy your day.
T: 819-503-8142

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for one night for a business trip. If you are in Gatineau or downtown Ottawa, this hotel is located perfectly (or at least it was for my needs) The rooms are clean, the beds are just ok. I had a corner room which had a good view of downtown ottawa. The rooms are well appointed, big flat screen tvs. There isnt an element of luxury in the rooms. They were modern with new everything and were defintitely better than some of the higher chains older rooms. I did hear many noises from the corridors such as doors shutting and voices. So bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. I had a really hard time connecting my computer to the wired internet. There is no wireless internet in the rooms however. The buffet breakfast in the morning was not very good. The staff at the hotel were quite nice and accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your positive comments about our outstanding location and new guestroom product. I rarely hear complaints about noise but would encourage you to call upon the front desk staff so we may address this with the individuals in question should this reoccur. Further to your breakfast comment, please contact me directly so we may discuss this in more detail. I can be reached at 819-503-8142 or toll free at 1800-567-9607 ext 2052. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

we stayed 2 nights and had a basic room with a parking view , at 1st we were not really
impressed by the hotel , even wondering who would spend more than 2 nights there specially with a golf nearby . but after noticing a very disturbing noise in the room , we asked to be moved and they did it very quickly even upgrading us to a suite , which was very appreciated !
so overall not amazing, but if you have to spend a night , this will do .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am thrilled that you valued our strong customer service levels during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may see our improvements. We have now completed some much needed lobby improvements and our entranceway enhancement now creates a clear sense of arrival.
Enjoy a pleasant day and again thank you for your comments.
Should you have additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at 819-503-8142 or sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com at your convenience.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel, the lady at the front desk was very nice and since we had a bad experience at another hotel that we reserved for that weekend,(very dirty)she offered that we see a room before we would rent for two nights.Wow! That was it! We had a clean room(White,beige and blue) with a clean bathroom.(all white) couldn't' miss if it would of been dirty.The man at the reception was very helpful. When we needed a few more towels, the cleaning lady brought some more after we asked with a big smile. The kids loved the pool,but were a little disapointed of the hours it was open but hey the guy at the restaurant offered free "Shirley Temples" to put a smile back on there faces! In resume,We will go back if we go back in the Capital region.We just loved our stay at this Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer us your positive comments and observations. We are very proud of our strong customer service levels and would love to recognize both the front desk agent and the restaurant server that make your stay a memorable one.
Should you find a moment please call me at 819-503-8142 or email me at sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com. We have a strong recognition program in place to help us value, encourage and appreciate the staff members. Small gestures such as you describe are so important and can make all the difference. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon. Happy Halloween.