Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Halifax, Canada
“Sofa Bed Room”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Despite booking a deluxe room, I was given a room with a sofa bed. They mentioned this when I was checking in late, but I figured they meant that there would be a 'real' bed and a sofa bed. I was travelling by myself, so I didn't care about the second bed, When I got to my room, it was obvious that I had been given the living room part of a suite. The hotel was sold out and there were no other rooms in the city available, so looks like they were trying to squeeze people in wherever they could. Really though? A sofa bed? I could have slept on my friend's couch and saved my company $132 a night!

By the way...They still haven't fixed the AC and my room's thermostat also read 16 degrees, but felt more like a sauna.

If I'd been given a 'regular' room and the AC worked, I probably would have really liked the hotel cause it was clean, well-maintained and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post a review. I apologize you did not receive the room type you requested and understand that during a sold out postion the hotel has little options available in such situations. I would encourage you to contact me directly to gather more information about your stay so I may investigate further. Thank you again for your time.
T: 819-503-8142

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Toronto
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holidays. The room was newly renovated. The prices paid for the stay was reasonable.

However, the temperature control system in the room was not working properly. My room was incredibly warm, and despite of cranking the system to 16 degrees, the room temperature just does not go down (not to mention that the fan was very noisy as hell). The windows were non-opening - otherwise, just simply opening up the window would have done it.

Even with several complaints to the front desk, they indicated that there is nothing they can do to cool down the room. By the way, the hotel internet also was not working during the entire stay.

I have stayed at this property many times, and this is definitely not one worth remembering.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and taking the time to post a review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Please contact me directly so I may investigate this further. Your assistance would be appreciated. Thank you again and enjoy your day.
T: 819-503-8142
Montreal
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Stayed at this Hotel for one night for a business trip. If you are in Gatineau or downtown Ottawa, this hotel is located perfectly (or at least it was for my needs) The rooms are clean, the beds are just ok. I had a corner room which had a good view of downtown ottawa. The rooms are well appointed, big flat screen tvs. There isnt an element of luxury in the rooms. They were modern with new everything and were defintitely better than some of the higher chains older rooms. I did hear many noises from the corridors such as doors shutting and voices. So bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. I had a really hard time connecting my computer to the wired internet. There is no wireless internet in the rooms however. The buffet breakfast in the morning was not very good. The staff at the hotel were quite nice and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your positive comments about our outstanding location and new guestroom product. I rarely hear complaints about noise but would encourage you to call upon the front desk staff so we may address this with the individuals in question should this reoccur. Further to your breakfast comment, please contact me directly so we may discuss this in more detail. I can be reached at 819-503-8142 or toll free at 1800-567-9607 ext 2052. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2010

we stayed 2 nights and had a basic room with a parking view , at 1st we were not really
impressed by the hotel , even wondering who would spend more than 2 nights there specially with a golf nearby . but after noticing a very disturbing noise in the room , we asked to be moved and they did it very quickly even upgrading us to a suite , which was very appreciated !
so overall not amazing, but if you have to spend a night , this will do .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Managment_9, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am thrilled that you valued our strong customer service levels during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may see our improvements. We have now completed some much needed lobby improvements and our entranceway enhancement now creates a clear sense of arrival.
Enjoy a pleasant day and again thank you for your comments.
Should you have additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at 819-503-8142 or sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com at your convenience.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel, the lady at the front desk was very nice and since we had a bad experience at another hotel that we reserved for that weekend,(very dirty)she offered that we see a room before we would rent for two nights.Wow! That was it! We had a clean room(White,beige and blue) with a clean bathroom.(all white) couldn't' miss if it would of been dirty.The man at the reception was very helpful. When we needed a few more towels, the cleaning lady brought some more after we asked with a big smile. The kids loved the pool,but were a little disapointed of the hours it was open but hey the guy at the restaurant offered free "Shirley Temples" to put a smile back on there faces! In resume,We will go back if we go back in the Capital region.We just loved our stay at this Hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer us your positive comments and observations. We are very proud of our strong customer service levels and would love to recognize both the front desk agent and the restaurant server that make your stay a memorable one.
Should you find a moment please call me at 819-503-8142 or email me at sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com. We have a strong recognition program in place to help us value, encourage and appreciate the staff members. Small gestures such as you describe are so important and can make all the difference. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon. Happy Halloween.
Sunny54066
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed in this hotel as part of a package which included the Steam Train to Wakefield and the War Museum. The location was perfect and our package included free parking. The hotel was recently redecorated and the staff was very friendly and helpfulWe ate one dinner and one breakfast there and enjoyed both. The only change I would suggest is that I wish there was a smaller continental breakfast available or that you could just get oatmeal without purchasing the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review about your positive experience. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated the physical improvements made at the hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you also recognized our strong customer service levels. With respect to your suggestion, thank you. During your next visit, please ask your server for the 'à la carte' breakfast menu which offers a variety of options without having to select our extensive buffet breakfast. Again, we appreciate you taking time to post a comment.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed here for a business meeting. The meeting was in Ottawa (across the river), and given the prices of some hotels on the Ottawa side, the Four Points Gatineau is a great alternative. You can walk across the bridge and be in downtown Ottawa in minutes. Alternatively, you can hop on a nearby bus and get downtown quickly. The rooms were spacious and clean. Room service was quick and the room service meal portion was generous and well-priced.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
We are thrilled and so appreciative for you taking the time to post your review. Indeed, the Four Points Gatineau-Ottawa is the ideally location for both business and pleasure. I too enjoy walking across the Alexandria Bridge to my downtown meetings on a pleasant day. I have even done so on a sunny winter’s day and always appreciate the amazing view of Parliament and its library. Our rate structure is definitely favorable over downtown Ottawa which I am pleased you took advantage of.
Please feel free to contact me directly before your next business trip. I would love to hear about your business travel frequency into Ottawa. I do hope that you also consider the Four Points when in the National Capital for pleasure. Thank you again for your review.
sstothart@fourpointsgatineau.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatineau
Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa
Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino
Lord Elgin
Lord Elgin
#5 of 67 in Ottawa

Been to Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa? Share your experiences!