All reviews underground parking platinum member the river holiday inn nice hotel coffee maker high floor exercise room stayed one night flat screen tv convenient location close to downtown parliament hill minute drive beds were comfortable executive floor kitchenette
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We found this gem for a 3 night stay in Ottawa area for the Canada Day festivities. The price was very good, considering many other hotels were already booked solid. The staff were all friendly and fully bilingual. Parking was an extra $13.50 but it was underground parking with in/out privileges. The lobby has a nice staircase waterfall, the rest of it is clean but nothing too exciting.

Our room was very nice, we were on the 10th floor but the view was mostly of office buildings. Everything was very clean and the kitchenette was very spacious. The bathroom was clean and typical. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept very well here. The A/C is hidden and vents through slits in the wall near the ceiling so you do not get the breeze blowing on you.

The walk from hotel to parliament was only about15 minutes. We got the breakfast deal with the room and were not disappointed, it includes the usual hot favourites buffet style. For the price, location, breakfast and room quality we recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed one night in early July. Room was clean and spacious. King bed very comfortable. Air conditioning worked well, fairly silent - no problems. Pool was clean and hot tub nice and warm; fitness centre was excellent as well. Breakfast was very good; thermoses of coffee on each table so no waiting, but buffet was a bit expensive.
Parking under hotel was expensive (about $14 per night), but convenient.
Hotel personnel very polite and helpful. Overall a very good experience.

Room tip: We had a King bed on the 12th floor. Very quiet and comfortable.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed in this holiday for two nights during Canada Day weekend. This is an excellent hotel close to almost all of the major venues, within walking distance, so you don't need to worry about finding a parking place or being blocked on the road. It is also close to Gatineau park. The room was very clean and quiet too. Overall, this is a very nice hotel and I would like to recommend to my friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked a hotel with two double beds for 4 people for a long weekend. Upon arrival, I was informed that my booking was switched in their system to King + sofa accomodating two people. Once that was sorted out they insisted on charging us an additional fee for the two extra people (even though I had initially booked for 4). This fee was apparently unavoidable and had already soured my visit to this hotel.

Finally, a few days after arriving at home, I check my credit card account to see that I have been charged an additional 40$ for some unknown reason, which I now have to sort out with the hotel.

Safe to say I will never be staying at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Suhan L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Suhan L,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Chaudiere - Gatineau, Canada. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked online and for some reason the wrong room was booked. Although it took a little explaining on my part, I spoke to the manager and she fixed the situation and was very accommodating. Upon arrival we were upgraded and they were nothing but gracious, helpful and very accommodating. I was there for a baseball tournament, and the team had a great time at the pool. The hotel was clean and spacious. Parking was conveniently located. Restaurant ,highly recommended. Breakfast was delicious. Great check out time: 1:00. Longer than most other hotels. Overall great experience. Would certainly return.

Room tip: Choose a room with the microwave and fridge. You will need to when travelling with kids. Also the rooms with the water views are great especially at night when the city is lit.
Date of stay: June 2013