All reviewsunderground parkingplatinum memberthe riverholiday innnice hotelgovernment buildingshigh floorbusiness travelcoffee makerexercise roomone night stayflat screen tvconvenient locationclose to downtownmini fridgenice roomparliament hill
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked a hotel with two double beds for 4 people for a long weekend. Upon arrival, I was informed that my booking was switched in their system to King + sofa accomodating two people. Once that was sorted out they insisted on charging us an additional fee for the two extra people (even though I had initially booked for 4). This fee was apparently unavoidable and had already soured my visit to this hotel.

Finally, a few days after arriving at home, I check my credit card account to see that I have been charged an additional 40$ for some unknown reason, which I now have to sort out with the hotel.

Safe to say I will never be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suhan L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Suhan L,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Chaudiere - Gatineau, Canada. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked online and for some reason the wrong room was booked. Although it took a little explaining on my part, I spoke to the manager and she fixed the situation and was very accommodating. Upon arrival we were upgraded and they were nothing but gracious, helpful and very accommodating. I was there for a baseball tournament, and the team had a great time at the pool. The hotel was clean and spacious. Parking was conveniently located. Restaurant ,highly recommended. Breakfast was delicious. Great check out time: 1:00. Longer than most other hotels. Overall great experience. Would certainly return.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the microwave and fridge. You will need to when travelling with kids. Also the rooms with the water views are great especially at night when the city is lit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza Gatineau from the 14th – 17th June, 3 nights.
The room was clean and had well appointed fittings. If thinking of staying here ask for a river view room as this gives you so much more to view than a courtyard room.

The Hotel was a little out of the Town Centre but within a 20/25 minute or so walk into the centre. The reception lounge was quite large and had comfortable chairs. There was no valet car parking service, however the car parking for the hotel was secure and reasonably priced.

Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice both cooked and continental style cold cuts. The Breakfast food was good value.

We used room service for meals each night and found the service quick and easy to use. The food was well prepared.

The hotel’s location is ideal if you intend to visit The Gatineau National Park. The Park is very large and breathtakingly beautiful. A real ‘must see’ if you have the time.

All in all, this hotel was a good choice for us and was good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Without being asked I am as a priority platinum member was automatically upgraded to a higher floor with kitchenette. However no waters or breakfast was offered ever after I asked for it. Overall great hotel for the price, by far better that crowne plaza ottawa airport.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My company suggested I stay here and the location next the park and easy parking are excellent. The Pool area is very clean and always attended. Restaurant had a vast selection form Breakfast and Lunch. Did not have dinner here myself but the dining area always seemed to be busting. I have 3 colleagues who are staying across town and they are jealous so I asked the front desk to help the come on over. This is a great hotel in Quebec and half the cost of the Hilton.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the parliament building, its a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business