“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel it was close to 10pm after a 6 hour drive. Upon check in I was told my reservation was for the nioght before! They happily gave me another room (at no extra cost). (When I looked back at my reservations - it was indeed my error!) Also because I was leaving early in the morning, rather than parking my car they allowed me to park it at the front for the night. What an awesome convenience! The 2 previous weeks, I had been at variour Holiday Inn Expresses - it was a delight to have fruit and the option of fried eggs added to the buffet breakfast. Having been on the road for 3 weeks, this was my last night's stay - and it was a very comfortable way to relax and end my journery. They have the best pillows!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel food was terrible (rotted pieces of salad).Although the service at the restaurant in the evening was kind and understanding, it is not enough if you are hungry and too tired to go any further for one night. Keys did not work two days of four. Wi-fi codes were given day-to-day although we stayed four (don't get that added complication). Bed sheets were crusty and not too comfortable. One employee excused poor service as "that's why we're firing her" about one of his co-workers -- which is information as a customer I would feel privileged NOT to hear. On the flipside, the gals in the pool were great, security staff helpful and other staff were also nice. Seemed like it depended on the day and mood, and I personally am for stability in the quality of service, so will not risk staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Silvija,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. I want to assure you that your comments about the food served in the restaurant, the bedsheets and the internet connection have all been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Thank you for all your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Gatineau hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Even prior to the recent renovation and re-branding from Holiday Inn to Crowne Plaza, this IHG hotel was one of my favourites for value and staffing. Although across the river from Ottawa's downtown core, this hotel is always value priced far better than its cousins downtown. That plus the friendly, skilled and unionized staff had a consistency of service that I look for in business travel.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful. Check in was simple and parking was onsite, for a minimal charge of $13.80. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Overall no complaints with the hotel, it's a solid safe choice.

London, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Checked in this evening and although I am a Platinum Member of IHG I was told there would be no upgrade and no extra privileges associated with my stay even though I brought in 4 other reservations to this hotel. I find it strange that checking into a Holiday in Express I get bottled water yet paying almost double at a Crowne Plaza which is supposed to be a better experience, I don’t even get that. Room is ok but a terrible view. The other person travelling with me who has no status got a room with a river view and I am staring at a Government building. How does that work? This hotel has to understand that attention to detail and taking care of their best customers is very important.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank StefferCanada
Michael L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear StefferCanada,
I regret that you fell unappreciated.
IHG provides us with all the tools with redundancy to allow us to recognize our Priority Club members. We dropped the ball.
I just met with the Guest Svc’s Manager & believe that we have found your room & it looks like you are here through Saturday.
Let’s see if we can make amends.
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The lobby was very nice. Parking was easy to get into and out of with a minimal cost of $13.80 including in/out privileges. Convenient location. There is a good size pool on the main floor. We liked the room set up with the kitchenette being first and rather separate from the rest of the room. Our room had a King bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was smaller than a double so our plan to have 2 people sleep there was changed to just one. The King bed gave us ample room for 3 people though. We noticed a couple of little flaws - there was a white stain on the carpet by the wall, the bathroom door did not lock (although lock seemed to work when door open, when we closed the door, it did not work), small sofa bed, view of office building. Would still recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for river view to avoid office building view Sofa Bed sleeps 1 comfortably
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah C
Dear SarahC,
Thank you for your comments & your recommendation, I have asked that the room attendants check the lock on each of the guest bathroom doors to find any rooms with problems. Also the white stains ae are still working on as most renovations not all things flow as the should this is latex paint residue from the spray painting process of our recent renovations.
Magog, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I make reservation for two double bed room, end up in a room with one king size, so I return to deck reception they said they was a sofa bed, so I decide to keep that room. Bad mistake that bed was real bad. Also on reservation was supose to be river view, was more view on old hull well that for the small part I can the window was so dirty i can barely see outside. At this point I don't bother and just put that hotel on my list of not to return.

Well the good side, their restaurant have good food, the spa and the piscine are good well when the spa is working.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mathieu D
chaudiere21, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Mathieu D,
Glad you liked the restaurant, our food and the pool. The Spa had a control module failure which caused the unit to be too cold for three hours in the morning twice May 6 & 8, other than that there were an occasion at 17h00 May 12 that we needed to bump up the chlorine levels which causes a half hour down time.
Can I ask you to contact me so I can look into it the non respect of your room type & the dirty window.
Thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.