All reviews underground parking platinum member the river holiday inn nice hotel government buildings high floor business travel coffee maker exercise room one night stay flat screen tv convenient location close to downtown nice room parliament hill short drive
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful. Check in was simple and parking was onsite, for a minimal charge of $13.80. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Overall no complaints with the hotel, it's a solid safe choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Checked in this evening and although I am a Platinum Member of IHG I was told there would be no upgrade and no extra privileges associated with my stay even though I brought in 4 other reservations to this hotel. I find it strange that checking into a Holiday in Express I get bottled water yet paying almost double at a Crowne Plaza which is supposed to be a better experience, I don’t even get that. Room is ok but a terrible view. The other person travelling with me who has no status got a room with a river view and I am staring at a Government building. How does that work? This hotel has to understand that attention to detail and taking care of their best customers is very important.

2  Thank StefferCanada
Michael L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear StefferCanada,
I regret that you fell unappreciated.
IHG provides us with all the tools with redundancy to allow us to recognize our Priority Club members. We dropped the ball.
I just met with the Guest Svc’s Manager & believe that we have found your room & it looks like you are here through Saturday.
Let’s see if we can make amends.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The lobby was very nice. Parking was easy to get into and out of with a minimal cost of $13.80 including in/out privileges. Convenient location. There is a good size pool on the main floor. We liked the room set up with the kitchenette being first and rather separate from the rest of the room. Our room had a King bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was smaller than a double so our plan to have 2 people sleep there was changed to just one. The King bed gave us ample room for 3 people though. We noticed a couple of little flaws - there was a white stain on the carpet by the wall, the bathroom door did not lock (although lock seemed to work when door open, when we closed the door, it did not work), small sofa bed, view of office building. Would still recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for river view to avoid office building view Sofa Bed sleeps 1 comfortably
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah C

Dear SarahC,
Thank you for your comments & your recommendation, I have asked that the room attendants check the lock on each of the guest bathroom doors to find any rooms with problems. Also the white stains ae are still working on as most renovations not all things flow as the should this is latex paint residue from the spray painting process of our recent renovations.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I make reservation for two double bed room, end up in a room with one king size, so I return to deck reception they said they was a sofa bed, so I decide to keep that room. Bad mistake that bed was real bad. Also on reservation was supose to be river view, was more view on old hull well that for the small part I can the window was so dirty i can barely see outside. At this point I don't bother and just put that hotel on my list of not to return.

Well the good side, their restaurant have good food, the spa and the piscine are good well when the spa is working.

2  Thank Mathieu D
chaudiere21, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Mathieu D,
Glad you liked the restaurant, our food and the pool. The Spa had a control module failure which caused the unit to be too cold for three hours in the morning twice May 6 & 8, other than that there were an occasion at 17h00 May 12 that we needed to bump up the chlorine levels which causes a half hour down time.
Can I ask you to contact me so I can look into it the non respect of your room type & the dirty window.
Thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The location is great, just in front of Outaouais river. About two km from the Parliament, so you can go there by foot or rent a bicycle that you can find just in the other side of the hotel. The hotel had a overall refurbishing in the last two years. I had a great new room for a steal! Ask for a view with the river, go see old Hull and then, cross the river to the Ontario side to have a feel of Ottawa with its high rise and By marcket.

1  Thank zubrzye

Hello Zubrzye,
We are fortunate to be right across the street from Parc des Portageurs (named as it was the route the Voyageurs took to get around the Chaudière Falls. This park provides a wonderful area to play some pick-up soccer with the kids, do Yoga by the water or just laze by a sculpture and listen to the Chaudière Falls while you read a book.
Glad you like the property & the location.